Jonathan Majors Arrested

For the films of 2023
Greg
Tenured

Re: Jonathan Majors Arrested

Post by Greg »

Sabin wrote:NOTE: I'm not interested in weighing in on his guilt. But between this and Wakanda Forever, I'm just fascinated by this weird age that we're in where hundreds of millions of dollars and years of commerce are reliant upon the continued infallibility of human actors.

I think a lot of this is because Hollywood is now so dominated by making a handful of comic-book franchises, making it essentially put most of its eggs in a small number of baskets.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Jonathan Majors Arrested

Post by Sabin »

Mister Tee wrote
Just a few days ago, Searchlight scheduled Magazine Dreams for an awards-friendly December release. But you can scratch that now:
Oh, that's the least of it. The next two or three phases of the MCU revolve around him as the main antagonist (already seen in Loki and Ant-Man: Quantumania). I can't imagine the weekend that Kevin Feige is having. The dangers of a cinematic universe: the actors who play the characters are all too human. For now at least.

NOTE: I'm not interested in weighing in on his guilt. But between this and Wakanda Forever, I'm just fascinated by this weird age that we're in where hundreds of millions of dollars and years of commerce are reliant upon the continued infallibility of human actors.
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Jonathan Majors Arrested

Post by Mister Tee »

Just a few days ago, Searchlight scheduled Magazine Dreams for an awards-friendly December release. But you can scratch that now:

https://apnews.com/article/jonathan-maj ... c536b254f2

I know, presumption of innocence. But 1) people are chiming in left and right to say they've seen this behavior for years and 2) the word "strangulation" would be really hard to get past in any case.

This spectacular a fall makes Nate Parker's trajectory look smooth by comparison.

It's hard to believe the guy got this far with so many people ready to vouch for what a lousy human being he is.

Return to “96th Academy Awards”