Where else could one post a quiz such as this?

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Where else could one post a quiz such as this?

Post by Big Magilla »

Greg already indicated Blanchett, Phoenix, and potentially Cumberbatch won for playing mentally distressed or disturbed characters.

Shirley Knight's first nomination was for playing opposite Lee Kinsolving as a mentally disturbed young man in The Dark at the Top of the Stairs.
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

Big Magilla wrote:
HarryGoldfarb wrote:
Uri wrote: What about Olivia Colman, jane Fonda, Justin Henry, Al Pacino (and others)?

And why do I bring up Shirley Knight, following the previous two questions?
This one I think is fairly obvious, perfectly tied to Shirley Knight’s mention. But I am not so sure about the first part and the last one is giving me a headache…
Olivia Colman, Jane Fonda, Justin Henry, and Al Pacino were all nominated for playing the children of actors who won Best Actor - Anthony Hopkins, Henry Fonda, Dustin Hoffman, and Marlon Brando, respectively.

Shirley Knight was nominated for playing the daughter of Best Supporting Actor winner Ed Begley.
That's a good start, but you're not quite there.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

HarryGoldfarb wrote:
Uri wrote: What about Olivia Colman, jane Fonda, Justin Henry, Al Pacino (and others)?

This one I think is fairly obvious, perfectly tied to Shirley Knight’s mention. But I am not so sure about the first part and the last one is giving me a headache…
Olivia Colman, Jane Fonda, Justin Henry, and Al Pacino were all nominated for playing the children of actors who won Best Actor - Anthony Hopkins, Henry Fonda, Dustin Hoffman, and Marlon Brando, respectively.

Shirley Knight was nominated for playing the daughter of Best Supporting Actor winner Ed Begley.
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

Mister Tee wrote:Since you say Cumberbatch is "potentially", can I infer this depends on his winning?
Good morning. And - yes.
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Uri wrote:Hi. I couldn’t stay away on nominations day, could I? So here’s a little quiz to celebrate it.

What do Cate Blanchet, Joaquim Phoenix and, potentially, Benedict Cumberbatch have in common?

What about Olivia Colman, jane Fonda, Justin Henry, Al Pacino (and others)?

And on similar grounds – what distinction is shared by Tommy Lee Jones and Alec Baldwin (and only them, I think)?
Nice as always to "see" you. I only just saw this in the last hour. Just to let you know I'm working on it.

Since you say Cumberbatch is "potentially", can I infer this depends on his winning?
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Uri wrote:What do Cate Blanchet, Joaquim Phoenix and, potentially, Benedict Cumberbatch have in common?
Winning lead acting Oscars for playing characters with mental illness?
Uri
Adjunct

Where else could one post a quiz such as this?

Post by Uri »

Hi. I couldn’t stay away on nominations day, could I? So here’s a little quiz to celebrate it.

What do Cate Blanchet, Joaquim Phoenix and, potentially, Benedict Cumberbatch have in common?

What about Olivia Colman, jane Fonda, Justin Henry, Al Pacino (and others)?

And on similar grounds – what distinction is shared by Tommy Lee Jones and Alec Baldwin (and only them, I think)?

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”