Best Supporting Actress Movie/Mini

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Here is Ellen Burstyn's entire performance.

The clip that you saw at the Emmys was approximately 90% of her entire performance in the entire movie.

As for Kelly MacDonald, I've seen The Girl in the Cafe and it's a wonderful piece of film (I know the fifth Harry Potter movie is in capable hands) and she gave a wonderful performance (I'm disappointed Bill Nighy wasn't nommed, he would've won too). The only thing wrong about her Emmy win was that she is really a LEAD in the film (she's the title character for crap's sake) but they submitted her as Supporting so to avoid being up against the likes of Helen Mirren and Annette Bening. It paid off. She won.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Sabin wrote:Burstyn was on-screen for half a minute or something? Is that true? Did I just watch her entire performance?

I think it was something like 14 seconds, and I think she had another (very short) segment. Someone posted her entire performance on YouTube; I'll try to find the link.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

All that campaigning, and Shirley Jones didn't even show up?

I never sawThe Girl in the Cafe, but I like Kelly MacDonald, so I'm glad she won.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Okay, I know this is retread for most people here. I'm watching this show for Conan and the off-chance of an 'Arrested' victory. Burstyn was on-screen for half a minute or something? Is that true? Did I just watch her entire performance?

If so, not bad but I've seen her do better.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Ellen was ####ing ROBBED!!!!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I love her. In 'Gosford Park' (my favorite perf. of the lot). In this lovely film. And for thanking the writer! Bless her and that accent.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Kelly McDonald - The Girl in the Cafe
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Broadcast Media”