Satellite Winners

1998 through 2007
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Akash wrote:Can the critics just get over Ryan Gosling's dick already? I mean I think he's cute too and a terrific actor, but Lars is shit, and it's not as if everything he does has to be honored in some way.

Other than that, glad to see that the love for No Country continues. I wish all these groups had done the same thing to land Eternal Sunshine a Best Picture spot, instead of wasting their adulation on Sideways, which has already aged poorly.
I haven't seen it yet, but if they actually show his dick I might wanna rush out now to the theater. lol

But, seriously, the movie did very well critically and I think there were people on the board here who liked his performance, so why not give him a musical/comedy award? Johnny Depp will probably win the Globe, so it's not like this win hurts anyone.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

I thought lars was a pretty good entertaining sweet film that made me laugh...and i thought gosling was terrific.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Akash wrote:Can the critics just get over Ryan Gosling's dick already?
Blame Canada: Ryan is Canadian, so he probably has one of those bigger, longer and uncut dicks....

Wait, did I say something out loud again! :O
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

I think these nominations were weird enough that Ryan Gosling was a smart choice, pretty sure there was no Depp, Hoffman, even Hanks (for comedy)....getting over his dick I suppose is one thing however.

Something I find intriguing (worrisome?) is that, like BJ said in another thread, after Ebert hugely endorses everything about Juno, it gets a lot of shit thrown at it here, see if this continues at the Globes
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Can the critics just get over Ryan Gosling's dick already? I mean I think he's cute too and a terrific actor, but Lars is shit, and it's not as if everything he does has to be honored in some way.

Other than that, glad to see that the love for No Country continues. I wish all these groups had done the same thing to land Eternal Sunshine a Best Picture spot, instead of wasting their adulation on Sideways, which has already aged poorly.

Edited By Akash on 1197888044
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Best Picture (Drama): "No Country for Old Men"
Best Picture (Comedy/Musical): "Juno"

Actress (Drama): Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"
Actor (Drama): Viggo Mortensen, "Eastern Promises"
Actress (Comedy or Musical): Ellen Page, "Juno"
Actor (Comedy or Musical): Ryan Gosling, "Lars and the Real Girl"
Sup. Actor: (tie) Tom Wilkinson ("Michael Clayton")
Casey Affleck ("The Assassination of Jesse James")
Sup. Actress: Amy Ryan ("Gone Baby Gone")

Motion picture, foreign language: "Lust, Caution"
Motion picture, animated or mixed media: "Ratatouille"
Motion picture, documentary: "Sicko"

Director: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, "No Country for Old Men"
Orginal screenplay: Diablo Cody, "Juno"
Adapted screenplay: Christopher Hampton, "Atonement"

Original score: Alberto Iglesias, "The Kite Runner"
Original song: Clint Eastwood and Carole Bayer Sager, "Grace Is Gone," "Grace is Gone"
Cinematography: Janusz Kaminski, "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly"
Visual effects: Chris Watts, Grant Freckelton, Derek Wentworth, Daniel Leduc, "300"
Editing: Pietro Scalia, "American Gangster"
Sound, editing and mixing: Karen Baker Landers, Kirk Francis, Per Hallberg, Scott Millan, David Parker, "The Bourne Ultimatum"
Art direction and production design: Guy Dyas, Davied Allday, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"
Costume design: "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"

Return to “The 8th Decade”