Top 10 Box Office Stars of 2007 - The Annual Quigley Exhibitors Poll

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Penelope wrote:Except Mrs. Astor, John Jacob's pregnant child bride; he made sure she got a seat then stood back. Very un-Victor Newman behavior.
Yeah Victor doesn't even like to offer his women seats on the Newman Enterprises Board! Much less a lifeboat.

So much for chivalry.
atomicage
Graduate

Post by atomicage »

MovieWes wrote:I will also concede that many of the stars listed had nothing to do with their films' respective box-office grosses.
Agreed. I don't know of anyone who went to see Ghost Rider to watch Cage's performances. Well, for that matter, I don't know of anyone who see to see Ghost Rider at all. :)

Haha, Akash. :D
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

cam wrote:The Astors could have commanded a lifeboat( but who would they PAY?) but chose to go down with the ship.
Except Mrs. Astor, John Jacob's pregnant child bride; he made sure she got a seat then stood back. Very un-Victor Newman behavior.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Zahveed wrote:He played himself in an interview I believe.

He what?? Hot!! Oh wait...I read that wrong.

Edited By Akash on 1199738155
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

flipp525 wrote:
MovieWes wrote:1. James Franco - $492,057,091 (Spider-Man 3, Knocked Up, In the Valley of Elah)

James Franco was in Knocked Up? Um, where?
He played himself in an interview I believe.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Oh I know Cam, it would have just been very "Victor Newman" to do the opposite -- bully everyone into getting his way.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

MovieWes wrote:1. James Franco - $492,057,091 (Spider-Man 3, Knocked Up, In the Valley of Elah)
James Franco was in Knocked Up? Um, where?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

The Astors could have commanded a lifeboat( but who would they PAY?) but chose to go down with the ship.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Akash wrote:And yeah, I'm shocked that he has any kind of cultural influence. I've never cared for him as an actor (his Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas should have gone to Sean Penn) and he's just so dull and skeevy-looking.
I love Cage in Moonstruck.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

I was hoping when the ship started to sink he would demand a spot on a lifeboat all, "I'm getting on that lifeboat, YA GOT THAT??" Or that he would call Leo, "my boy."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Steph2 wrote:It's great for Y&R fans because he plays "the richest man" in Titanic and his first line is, "Hello Jack."
Ha ha! I love it! He's also got his requisite trophy wife which is just so Victor-like.

Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

It's great for Y&R fans because he plays "the richest man" in Titanic and his first line is, "Hello Jack."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Eric Braeden a prima donna? I never would have guessed.

And I guess I don't remember John Jacob Astor in the film. I guess I need to re-watch Titanic for the umpteenth time.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

OscarGuy wrote:Braeden was in Titanic???
Yeah, he played John Jacob Astor; he was reportedly unhappy that scenes of his were cut.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Braeden was in Titanic???
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The People”