[NE] Nomination Elim Game ('79- OSCARGUY)

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Yeah. I sent him a message yesterday afternoon and haven't seen him on since, so we'll go ahead and skip him for now. The way he was talking at one point, I'm not sure he'll mind being skipped for this given year.

Penelope, you're up.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1207678330
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

I think it's time the next person on the list take their turn. Zahveed must be busy doing other things.

I'm going to be away for the weekend, and won't be back till Monday evening, so chances are I'm going to miss one of my turns. Zahveed can take my turn so he's not losing out.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

OscarGuy wrote:Unfortunately, not everyone navigates the system in the same way. I'm not sure that will be sufficient.
But it could help.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Unfortunately, not everyone navigates the system in the same way. I'm not sure that will be sufficient.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Hey, OG, maybe you could move the name of whose turn it is to the beginning of the thread name, not the end. That way, even if you are just glancing at the main page, it will still show up with your name and should catch your eye.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have done that on occasion, even in your game, Pen. For instance, if I don't see Zahveed post by the end of the day, I'll send him a note. It's just a courtesy so everyone realizes its their turn in case they don't see it.
Wesley Lovell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I think there should be a time limit, but even 24 hours seems too short for me; I think 48 hours should be sufficient, and as the time runs down, can't we send a pm to the person (which will then go to their email)?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:Pot...kettle...black. You really have no room to talk about getting bitchy.

There's a difference though, dear. I will openly admit to being a bitch. You'll just rationalize yourself into a ten-foot deep hole in the ground. See below.
The only reason you claim I'm "rationalizing" instead of "explaining" is that you don't want to admit that perhaps you incorrectly judged my intentions. That would suggest you were wrong about something.

And I'll fully admit that I can be a bitch at times, in this situation, I was merely standing up for someone else. Whether you believe that or not is your problem, not mine.
Wesley Lovell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:Pot...kettle...black. You really have no room to talk about getting bitchy.

There's a difference though, dear. I will openly admit to being a bitch. You'll just rationalize yourself into a ten-foot deep hole in the ground. See below.

Edited By flipp525 on 1207596741
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

flipp525 wrote:Magilla's statement was not hostile at all. It was an incredibly valid point. The only reason you made it about Zahveed was that his turn was up, even if it really could've been about anyone. It's not like Magilla's post read, "Hey Zahveed! Hurry up, it's YOUR turn!!"

You were just being bitchy because someone criticized how "your game" was being played.

Pot...kettle...black. You really have no room to talk about getting bitchy.

If you can consider Magilla's post non-bitchy, then you should consider mine the same. Since it's been Zahveed's turn for two days, whether Magilla stated it specifically or even intended it, his complaint coincided with Zahveed's absence, and thus it is perfectly reasonable to believe that his absence was the impetus for the comment. He's not the only one in the past to have lagged in his response, HOWEVER, he is the only one recently and thus prompts Magilla's post. So, I'm fully entitled to defend the people playing this game from apparent attacks on their slowness in response.

As for how my game is played, I have made a number of changes to the game based on feedback that I didn't have to make. Everything could have remained the same, so before you throw a fit about how you think my response was antaganostic because you think I felt like people were trying to change how "my" game was run, you need to take into consideration everything I've done to make this game faster and more efficient.

If it were "my" game, as you have claimed, then I would have made changes to the rules only when I saw fit and would never have asked for thoughts, nor considered anyone else's opinions/concerns.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1207596157
Wesley Lovell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

flipp525 wrote:Magilla's statement was not hostile at all. It was an incredibly valid point. The only reason you made it about Zahveed was that his turn was up, even if it really could've been about anyone.
Yep.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Magilla's statement was not hostile at all. It was an incredibly valid point. The only reason you made it about Zahveed was that his turn was up, even if it really could've been about anyone. It's not like Magilla's post read, "Hey Zahveed! Hurry up, it's YOUR turn!!"

You were just being bitchy because someone criticized how "your game" was being played.

Edited By flipp525 on 1207593992
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

How is that one step too far? Zahveed stated very clearly early on why he was away from the computer on the weekends. Magilla's statement seemed unnecessarily hostile and I thought I needed to put Zahveed's reason into perspective.

BM, I think we just need to be patient. We knew full well when we started this game that it was going to take some time to do. It's fun and while it may take a year or two to finish, I don't see a reason for us to try to artificially speed things up. I think you'll notice an appreciable increase in turn speed once we get into years where more people have seen more contenders.
Wesley Lovell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I thought he was out making a movie. What's he doing now, editing it?

I don't want to penalize anyone, I just want to speed things up. People whose turn has been passed over can take the next turn when they log on or double their selections on their next turn.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OscarGuy wrote:Zahveed is offline during weekends. I think it's unfair to penalize him for spending time with his family.
One step too far as usual.

Return to “Other Film Discussions”