35th Annual Daytime Emmys

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Jeffrey
Graduate

Post by Jeffrey »

I just finished having lunch with Sharon Tognoni, mother of Best Supporting Actress (Daytime Emmys) Gina Tognoni.

It might interest you awards show followers about the nuts-and-bolts of actually winning an award. She carried the Emmy statutette with her on the plane from LA back to NYC, had to go through security first, and sat with the Emmy on the flight.

The Academy will send her an engraved band with her name/category that she can add to the trophy, which joins it sister statutette that she won in 2006!
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Gina Tognoni plays Dinah Marler on Guiding Light; though I'm no longer a regular viewer of the program, the occasional episodes I've seen with Tognoni are spectacularly great--she literally wipes the floor among all daytime actresses, as far as I'm concerned.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Jeffrey
Graduate

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm a frequent visitor to this board, especially during Oscar season.

A friend of mine's daughter, Gina Tognoni, won Best Supporting Actress last night at the Daytime Emmy Awards. It is her second win in three years. She was heavily favored to win in the soap media. The excitement among family and friends is through the roof!

Daytime actors are among the hardest working around. And it was nice to hear her mention my home state of Kentucky in her acceptance speech!

Return to “Broadcast Media”