Get LOST

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Watching Sun slap the fuck out of Juliette was immensely satisfying as much as I love the latter's character.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

GOD that episode was fantastic!! Desmond and Penny are my favorite couple on this show. Best episode of the season so far.

Edited By Akash on 1204332518
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

flipp525 wrote:Where's Juliette's flash-forward? I need to see more of her, please.

Amen. And while we're at it, am I the only one who can't stand Jack and Hurley? I've never been a fan of Jack's (humorless, too "noble", boring flashbacks) but I used to care about Hurley's story and now I don't. The character has become too sentimental and gung-ho for my taste. I also don't really mind that Charlie's gone.

I LOVE
Juliette (duh), Sun, Kate, Sayid, Desmond, Penny, Juliette (oh, sorry), Juliette as a double agent, Juliette's sad/beautiful flashback, Juliette's clothes, Juliette not-wearing-clothes...

I LOVE TO HATE
Locke, Ben, new Ghost-buster "rescue" guy

I DON'T LOVE BUT I DON'T WANNA SEE THEM GET EATEN BY A SHARK JUST YET
Sawyer, Jin (seriously, how back-burner-ed have poor Jin and Sun become?), crazy forest-lady with a gun, crazy forest-lady with a gun's daughter, crazy forest-lady with a gun's daughter's boyfriend who suddenly grew big arms, new British "rescue" chick, Neil Patrick Harris' cousin (not Eric) aka nerdy "rescue" guy, Claire, nice rotund token-black lady and her nice rotund white husband.

I WOULD PAY TO SEE THEM GET EATEN BY A SHARK
Jack, Hurley (ok, it will take two sharks for Hurley...maybe three), Jack's dad's body (isn't it on the island somewhere or something?) Claire's baby (fat chance now that we've seen Kate's flash-forward! OK the shark that's supposed to get the baby, gets to chow on Hurley too...heh..."fat chance" get it?), Nick Nolte mugshot looking pilot "rescue guy", Naomi's body, Vincent the dog, Ana Lucia (bring her back to life for one minute, so a shark can eat her...don't give her time to speak or scowl), the rest of the unnamed castaways (trim the fat...this one's not a Hurley joke), especially the bodies of those two castaway crook cock-teasing fuckers whose plot-line seemed to serve no purpose other than to make us wait another week to find out what would happen on plot-lines we actually care about! Yeah, dig up their cock-teasing comatose from a spider-bite or whatever, buried-alive fucking bodies and let the sharks fucking have em, AND...Ben (biggest cock-tease of them all!...yeah, yeah, I know he was on the other list, but after he spills all the secrets he knows -- FINALLY -- they can feed him to a shark).

I MISS
Crazy-incestuous brother and sister from first season, token black guy from first season, token black guy's black son from first season, the polar bears, token black monster cloud thingy, the Hatch.

Edited By Akash on 1204332506
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I have no idea how Kate got those swell digs either. I mean I figured they all got a hefty settlement from the airline, but where did she have time to buy all that stuff? Wasn't she kept in custody for most of the time before accepting her probation deal?

I still fucking love this show.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I'd just like to point out (in a patting-myself-on-the-back moment) that, as I predicted below after the season premiere, the "Oceanic 6" is sticking to the story that they were the only survivors.

What happened to Claire? And do she and Jack ever find out that they're half-siblings? Future!Kate is always wearing lip gloss. It's funny.

Where's Juliette's flash-forward? I need to see more of her, please. Something tells me that next week it'll be Desmond's flash-forward.

I'd totally stay on the island indefinitely with Sawyer as my permanent fuck-buddy. Who needs to be rescued from that?!

Edited By flipp525 on 1203692772
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

***SPOILERS***

Sooo many questions raised....I'll focus on a small, minute one currently, so she's wanted...she's found, makes it back as one of the "few" and presumably is immediately brought into custody or so would be the norm...but has time to purchase a mansion, hire a nanny, and whatnot all prior to these proceedings. Seems a tad askew
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Absolute shocker of a final line tonight.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

OMG! Hurley watched Xanadu on tonight's episode. That was awesome!

Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

Regarding the funeral, it seemed then that they want you to think it's Ben's funeral (though I can't recall why Jack decided to go) because assuming that they all come back to LA or something along those lines (U.S. in general) he doesn't fit, he's from the Island, not even the U.S. and thus the most likely to have no one attend his wake. Locke would have someone there it would seem.

I think Hurley told him he was sorry for following Locke for Jack's benefit, because Jack was not yet in complete turmoil yet over being back, and I think this is to say that "Jack" succeeds in getting them back, but as Jack will find out once he "grows the beard" leaving was a bad idea.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

OK I'm caught up on the two episodes and can I just say, MAN I MISSED THIS SHOW!! Still the most compelling thing on crappy network TV.

A few things:

1. When Hugo tells Jack in the flash forward that he's sorry he went with Locke, doesn't that seem to suggest that the situation wasn't as clear as the Naomi's people = bad, Locke = right?

2. At the end of last season, Jack is seen going to an empty funeral in the flash forward and Kate snaps, "Why would I go to his funeral?" Was it Locke?

3. Why does no one ever hold a gun to Ben's (or anyone else's) head and just say "Tell me everything you know about everything, RIGHT NOW!" It's the most maddening thing about this show. Ben is always constantly saying, "I have information. I now what they want. They want me." And no one asks follow up questions??
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

It won't be all flash-forwards this season. It will be a mix of flash-forwards and flashbacks.

Harold Perrineau may not have appeared on the first episode but he did appear in several of the Lost mobisodes (mini 2-3 minute episodes that have bits and pieces of character and plot information made especially for on-line viewers and cellphones).
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

I noticed this too, Tee, and you're right because Ian Somerhalder and Maggie Grace have been gone for a while form the main credits....and maybe this is splitting hairs, though probably nothing is with Lost, but after Terry O'Quinn's name following the normal scroll....there is a long pause, then his name pops up...followed by Lindelof, Abrams, and Lieber

I think I had heard about him signing on to return this season, and possibly this makes sense since he should be back with the rest of them during this flash forward season.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Speaking of "in the credits" did anyone else notice Harold Perrineau (Michael)'s name showing up in the main cast list, after a year's absence? I assumed that part of the story line wouldn't have disappeared forever, but I was still surprised to see him listed without appearing on that night's show.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

flipp525 wrote:
anonymous wrote:
flipp525 wrote:Who the fuck was that dude in the cabin? Was it, perchance, the infamous "Jacob"?

It was Christian Shepherd (Jack's dad) or at least it took the form of Christian Shepherd.

How do you know that, though? They didn't even show his face.
There are people who capped and brightened the scene. It is, in fact, Christian Shepherd. That plus the fact that John Terry, the actor who plays him, is credited as one of the guest stars.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

anonymous wrote:
flipp525 wrote:Who the fuck was that dude in the cabin? Was it, perchance, the infamous "Jacob"?

It was Christian Shepherd (Jack's dad) or at least it took the form of Christian Shepherd.

How do you know that, though? They didn't even show his face.

No, Akash, Juliette does not figure too prominently in the season premiere, but I'm sure she will in the weeks ahead.

Mister Tee, I see what you're saying and I think that scene is definitely up for interpretation. I don't think this show ever does anything without a reason behind it which is why I'm leaning more towards my theory. And Hurley denying knowledge of the existence of Ana Lucia would certainly play into the idea that the Oceanic 6 were the only ones who survived. Not having to explain Ana Lucia's complicated death to an outsider is just an added bonus.

Edited By flipp525 on 1202153826

Return to “Broadcast Media”