Guido in LA Times

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Don't delete it. It was charming and clever and left me wanting to see more, really, I'm not just saying that to make you feel good.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's the Delete button, but if you want it deleted, I can.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

I found a 1 minute clip from Tanghi Argentini. It doens't say much, and it probably spoils the experience if you ever watch the entire film, but it gives an impression.

http://www.flanders-image.com/content....all.mov

(I actually tried to remove this post, that's how nervous I'm to your reactions.... unfortunately I can't find the 'remove-button')
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Some years our local indie house shows them, some years they don't. I haven't looked at their calendar yet to see.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

I hope at least some people here find an opportunity to see the short films. I can't wait to learn what the UAADB thinks of Tanghi Argentini.

Anja will be in New York for screening of Tanghi and the other shorts and pannel discussions on the 16th...
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

sijmen wrote:I'm sorry if I am too much centered on the Shorts this year. Please forgive me...
No, no, no. We share your excitement.

We will all be paying more attention to the shorts segment this year. It's been eight years since we've had a board member going to the Oscars with a nominated film, long, short, or otherwise.
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

Guido, the director of Tanghi Argentini, was interviewed bij the LA Times last week, so we were very curious to see the article... And now here it is... And he says only one sentence (and not even a very good one :-)

Anyway, here it is...

http://www.latimes.com/enterta....5.story

I'm sorry if I am too much centered on the Shorts this year. Please forgive me...

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”