Sijmen at the Oscars

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Welcome Back Sijmen and congratulations!
I usually visit your webpage.
Hope to see you soon here!
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

I remember you too Sijmen(Geert) This is Belgiums' moment, I guess!
What an exciting time you will have! I wish you all kinds of luck. Hope to hear all the news of your experience.
Cam
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

sijmen wrote:(PS: Every time I saw a young director winning the Live Action Short Oscar, I always thought one thing: 'you lucky bastard'. So maybe that would be a cool new username for me :-)))
LOL

But I don't think that way... when Keiko Ibi received her award back in 1998 (I mean, in 1999) I was actually crying... that was one of the most intense moments in my life watching an Academy Award show... and all I can think of was how great is this, what an amazing feeling, how humble this girl is...

I hope to see you upthere, hope you can go up there with your fellow film-director and live the night of your life! My best wishes to you Lucky Bastard! (Oh my God, I do feel things like that!)
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

Big Magilla wrote:
sijmen wrote:Since the nominations were announced, I gave a total of 7 interviews, so I guess I'm sort of big in Belgium :-)

You were always big around here. :D
Don't overdo it, Magilla :)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

sijmen wrote:Since the nominations were announced, I gave a total of 7 interviews, so I guess I'm sort of big in Belgium :-)
You were always big around here. :D
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The only unfortunate part is short writers don't receive the gold...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

Thank you all for the very kind words. You make me even more proud :-)

It was a crazy couple of days. In any other year, I would have the Oscar nominees in my head by now. This year I had a fgirst look at them a couple of hours ago.

Since the nominations were announced, I gave a total of 7 interviews, so I guess I'm sort of big in Belgium :-)

Anyway, I hope life goes back to normal now (at least for the next 3 weeks - with the fourth week probably the craziest week of my life)

Untill then, I'll come back regularly. I promise!

And yes Big Magilla (of whom I learned many things in the old days, one of which that LOL stands for Laughing Out Loud), you can call me Geert. Sijmens seems like a charachter from a distant past.

Again, thank you all for the reactions. They are fun and a little bit moving too! (And I love the new title of this thread :)

Many many joyfull cheers,
Geert
(PS: Every time I saw a young director winning the Live Action Short Oscar, I always thought one thing: 'you lucky bastard'. So maybe that would be a cool new username for me :-)))
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Sonic Youth wrote:If there's a way you can show us the film, that would be... um, inadvisible. Because then we'll say "it sucks!" and drive you away, just like we did to poor Andrew Mondshein.

Can you explain a little bit more this? What happened? Isn't that the guy who edited The Sixth Sense? Was he around here at some point? What film did he show here that you didn't like?
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Wow, amazing! Congratulations, I hope your film wins. And I hope I get to see your film, somehow.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I missed this thread, too. (It was posted when I was away.)

Holy hell and congratulations, sijman! I remember you and your Oscar prediction web-site as well. Looks like the veterans are slowly returning. (I remember you too, Manolis.)

Best of luck. If you win, muscle your way onstage.

If there's a way you can show us the film, that would be... um, inadvisible. Because then we'll say "it sucks!" and drive you away, just like we did to poor Andrew Mondshein.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Congratulations! Regardless of how it goes, I hope you can get some pictures of youself at the ceremony for us.

Edited By Greg on 1201194414
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

Wow! Big congrats!!!
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Congratulations! Hope you win!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

My goodness! Good for you!
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I don't know how I missed this thread when you first posted. Of course I remember you, Sijmen.

I hope you have time to drop in here more often. Meantime, huge congratulations on this recognition. For once, I have something to root for in this category (besides guessing right in an Oscar pool).

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”