FYC: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

1998 through 2007
atomicage
Graduate

Post by atomicage »

OscarGuy wrote:I've missed posting several screeners including Sharkwater, The Walker, The TV Set, Avenue Montaigne, Operation Homecoming and War/Dance since they didn't have FYC info listed, but here's one that does.

Picture
Director
Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman
Supporting Actor - Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney
Supporting Actress - Marisa Tomei
Original Screenplay
Cinematography
Film Editing
More so I think Director than anything else. From the reviews I've read, I have a strong inkling that Mr. Lumet will receive, to put it bluntly, "you're still alive and kickin'" nomination. They say that his direction is just as sharp as any filmmaker today, and while I haven't seen the film to back that up with, I'll take their word for it until I have a chance to decide myself.

This and Screenplay I believe are the film's biggest possibilities, though I do find Tomei extremely attractive.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

OscarGuy wrote:Supporting Actor - Ethan Hawke
NO!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

STOP THIS!

I hate to sound like a broken record on this issue, but I am so totally tired of b.s. like this and will not shut up about it until a change occurs.

If Gone With the Wind were released today, I swear we'd be talking about Vivien Leigh as a top supporting actress contender.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I've missed posting several screeners including Sharkwater, The Walker, The TV Set, Avenue Montaigne, Operation Homecoming and War/Dance since they didn't have FYC info listed, but here's one that does.

Picture
Director
Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman
Supporting Actor - Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney
Supporting Actress - Marisa Tomei
Original Screenplay
Cinematography
Film Editing

Edited By OscarGuy on 1196829366
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”