Jerry Falwell Has Died

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

AOL put up space for people to pay tribute to Falwell, and I'd say by a 4-1 margin, the "eulogies" were not what the family would be hoping for: posts about him being in hell right now, that Satan has called a minion home, about what a despicable fat fuck he was, expressing hope for the imminent demise of Pat Robertson, wishes that his death was excruciatingly painful, claims that he died on the toilet, was a pedophile, and so on. Good stuff.

I laughed out loud at the prediction that he would be buried in a confederate flag-draped piano crate. And I had forgotten that he once campaigned to ban some Looney Toons cartoons because Porky Pig didn't wear pants.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

flipp525 wrote:Good riddance, you fat swine.

Anyway, on to more important things...Hot, new avatar, Penelope! Who is that?!
It's gay pron star Alex LeMonde, a more beautiful and giving human being (in every sense of the word: he's also a nurse who has worked with Médecins Sans Frontières) than the vomitous cretin who's the topic of this thread could ever imagine.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

"Ding, dong, the witch is dead.
Which old witch? The wicked witch!
Ding, dong, the wicked witch is dead . . ."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Good riddance, you fat swine.

Anyway, on to more important things...Hot, new avatar, Penelope! Who is that?!

Edited By flipp525 on 1179283097
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Tammy Faye Baker -- on Larry King -- said (surprise!) " I burst into tears when I heard Jerry had died."
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Bye bye. Click on this link and enjoy. Pat Robertson, you're not far behind, buddy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaPDcZdglfY
"How's the despair?"
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

A vile, repulsive creature. I'm glad he's gone.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

And criddic inches one step closer to necrophilia.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I feel a little twinge, just a little one, for my immediate reaction,which was to utter the silent prayer (anti-prayer?) - may he burn in hell for all eternity.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Good riddance to that fat piece of shit. A truly disgusting and evil man (although, admittedly, sometimes he was self-parodistically good for a laugh).

There's gonna be one hell of a feast down below tonight, with the devil roasting that big ol' pig on a spit.

I wonder how many politicians will have the courage not to attend his funeral.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I can see the SNL skit now.

Falwell arrives outside the pearly gates (set looks like it). He finds his name IS on the list and so he's guided into the golden hall to the final door. After the pearly gate closes, he opens the gate and sees the flames and hears screams and asks Peter what's going on. Peter lazily replies. You preached about the pearly gates and how you and your followers would one day go there. We decided to grant you your wish. You got pearly gates...the paint's still fresh, though. :)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

So, it may be cruel, but I let out a little woo hoo when I heard the news...

Television evangelist Falwell dies at 73 1 minute ago

LYNCHBURG, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell, who founded the Moral Majority and built the religious right into a political force, died Tuesday shortly after being found unconscious in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said. He was 73.

This is a breaking news update. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) — The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious Tuesday in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said.

Ron Godwin, the university's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but he said Falwell "has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine, and they found him unresponsive."

Godwin said Falwell was receiving emergency care. A hospital spokeswoman said she had "no information to release at this time."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then was hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest. Later that year, doctors found a 70 percent blockage in an artery, which they opened with stents.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Off-Topic”