Savage (1990-2006)

Booster Gold
Graduate

Post by Booster Gold »

How very terribly sad I am for you Wes. I have actually felt sadder losing some of my pets than I have for losing some members of my family. Their pure love is one of the greatest joys in life. Be grateful you two shared that and carry it with you always.
"God? He is the biggest bitch of them all."
- Christophe (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I am so sorry, Wes. I still miss my beloved Bogart, I know the pain that you're going through. Just remember that Savage lived a full and happy life, enhanced by love.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I'm sorry, Wes.

Don't be too upset with your mother. At least she told you. I remember when I was a teenager, we had a beautiful little beagle. While still a puppy it injured one of its hind legs and walked around with a limp for a couple days. My parents took him to the vet on a Saturday and came home without him, telling us he had to stay at the vet's for a few days. When he hadn't come home by the next weekend, we asked them when he was coming home. It was only then that they told us they had him put to sleep because they couldn't afford to have his leg operated on. My parents are weird. I guess they thought we'd forget about him if they didn't say anything.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I'm so sorry, Wes. I'm a complete cat person (some of my friends would say crazy-obsessive) but love animals in general, and I know how devastating this is. My beloved and super-affectionate cat Tiffany is 14 and going strong, but, of course, I know she's now closer to the end of her life than the beginning. My previous cat, the sublime Audrey, died suddenly at age 5 and it literally tok me 2 years to get over the loss.

The thing that you can take comfort in is the realization that Savage knew how loved he was, and he had a happy and blissful well-treated life. Hang in there, buddy!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

That's terrible, OscarGuy. I have a beagle named Donnie who turned 11 two months ago, and although he isn't showing obvious signs of his getting on in years, he has lived a long life, and I am dreading the inevitable in a few years. I hope you find comfort during this sad time.
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

OscarGuy, my heartfelt condolence to you. I may not own a pet but I can understand how it feels to lose a pet especially if it's already part of your family for a long time (16 years!). Hopefully, you'll take this unfortunate passing in your stride. And cheer up soonest possible.

Best & sincere regards,
VanHelsing
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I lost a very important member of my family today. His name was Savage. He was a mixed-breed cat and we had him for 16 years since he was a little kitten. We got him and his sister at the same time and he always seemed to like me more than the other cats did so we had a special bond.

Yesterday, my mother noticed he was walking around weakly and had stopped eating and drinking. I got him to drink a little bit of water but we took him into the vet this morning who informed us that he was suffering from kidney failure. We decided to give him antibiotics to see if that would help but the vet called my mother this evening to tell her that he had not improved.

She did not tell me until 45 minutes later as I was getting ready to leave for the evening. She told me that she'd authorized the doctor to put him to sleep and dispose of the remains. I hate what my mother did. I knew he probably wouldn't last long and I'd already shed a few tears earlier in the day after we found out the diagnosis but I had hoped I would be able to go in in the morning to say goodbye to him. But that cannot happen now.

He was a wonderful cat and the least snobbish of the three we have. I loved him dearly and I can't express the sorrow and great feeling of loss I am experiencing right now. I just wish I could have held him in my arms one more time and hugged him and told him how much I loved him and how much I'd miss him so he'd know when the time came how much I really cared...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Off-Topic”