R.I,P. Elizabeth Taylor

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Very sad news. R.I.P.

Just saw her in X, Y and Zee....one of her bad films. However, she is hilarious and actually quite good in an over-the-top kind of way.
mayukh
Graduate

Post by mayukh »

I'm shocked. RIP to one of the great screen icons of the past century.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

She cheated death so many times, I thought she'd live forever.

Farewell, Liz. Thanks for your films.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Just reported on MSNBC. More detailed posts are forthcoming. One thing I want to say right now is that she is one of the most extraordinary figures in Hollywood history. IMO, no remarkable acting work since Virginia Woolf. But she has remained one of the most recognizable and interesting people on the planet just because of who and what she is. Her talent and screen presence produced some of the most unforgettable performances in film history. Almost everything she has done offscreen since Virginia Woolf has been news just because of who she is. We could never get enough of her. And she has chosen to spend her time and energy do a lot of good things since then. Few entertainers were more active in charity work. She will be missed.

Edited By kaytodd on 1300886088
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “The People”