Sijmen at the Oscars

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Gratz. Here's hoping we get to see you on television.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
mashari
Temp

Post by mashari »

Wow, I know I'm late on this but congrats sijmen!!! I know firsthand how maintaining a full-time job can unfortunately keep you away from here, but it looks like your other work is paying off big time! I hope to follow in your footsteps with my screenplay!:)

Edited By mashari on 1201185624
"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes... only sooner."--Tallulah Bankhead
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Congrats, sijmen! That's amazing. Here's hoping you win one of the little golden guys!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Reza sends his congratualtions. He's busy working on his own new house in Pakistan.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Bravo Sijmen. I am very happy for you. Best of Luck!!!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Congratulations, Sijmen, or should we call you Geert now that we can find you on the imdb? Since Tanghi Argentini has already won 18 awards worldwide it has a good chance of winning the Oscar as well. It sounds like quite a little charmer.
We'll all be cheering for you.

I don't know how I missed this thread before. I've often wondered what happened to you, why you weren't doing your annual statistical predicitons. Don't be a total stranger. Talk to us once in a while.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Yes, congrats. How exciting...hopefully you will let us all hear about it! ;)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Congratulations! Is there any way we can see this short before the ceremony?
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

I'M GOING!!! I'M GOING!!!

If nothing bad happens I'll be in the Kodak Theate on feb. 24th! (Guido invited me!)

Yippy Yaheey!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, actually, the Academy HAS started announcing the finalists for categories...do you have an english title for that? But all they have atm is Docu Short.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1197247253
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
sijmen
Graduate

Post by sijmen »

Thank you all for the kind words :)

Thanks Oscarguy for the tip, but I don't think the Academy will make the finalists officially known. Did they do so in the past? I hope they will, (I've seen a lot of short films this year, and many very good ones among them)

(our short is called "Tanghi Argentini", so if that film is nominated in january, please jump up and down for me :))

Cheers to you all!
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Congrats, old friend.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Hi Sijmen. I certainly remember you from the early days. Welcome back, and congratulations on your film! Which film is it?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Welcome back sijmen...hope you'll stick around a little:)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

All of that data is in my hopefuls section. The categories that have finalists will have all the finalists listed with my predictions set out in the list.
Wesley Lovell

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”