Hillary Clinton
38%
Barack Obama
62%

Total votes: 37

Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Penelope wrote:Perhaps this is a purely shallow reason, but I've been a legal voter since 1988; since then, we've had Bush, Clinton, Bush. The prospect of another 4 or 8 years of a Clinton, and the extreme vitriol that will inevitably result...I just don't want to endure it again. So I'm hoping it will be Barack.
That's not a bad reason at all Penelope. The eight years of Clinton weren't much to be proud of (though certainly the Bush Administration has lowered that bar considerably).
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Gaaah!

Are we still talking about this? I am, like, so over the primaries. It's finished! The question is irrelevant. Obama's the one, as they say in The Matrix. I'm accepting it, and even trying to find reasons to like him.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Hillary's scorched earth campaign against Obama must please the GOP. I was at a website called hillaryis44.com earlier today. It is not associated with the Clinton campaign but it does not do her or her campaign credit. I was struck by the negativism of the people who write for that site, and I do not mean the message boards or blogs. It was shocking to read the ridicule they heap upon the idedalism and passion of Obama's college age supporters. These are people who should be encouraged and nurtured but a significant number of Hillary's supporters have decided the way to deal with them is to call them foolish and naive, and to do so in a mean-spirited way.

We all remember the recent tirade by some union bigwig who called Obama supporters "latte drinking, Prius driving, Birkenstock wearing trust fund babies." That is a funny line, but it shows the contempt many Hillary supporters feel for Obama supporters. They cannot believe what has happened to her campaign and they are taking out their anger and disappointment on Obama and his supporters. If Hillary somehow gets the nomination, I would not be surprised if those idealistic and enthusiastic young people vote for Nader.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Perhaps this is a purely shallow reason, but I've been a legal voter since 1988; since then, we've had Bush, Clinton, Bush. The prospect of another 4 or 8 years of a Clinton, and the extreme vitriol that will inevitably result...I just don't want to endure it again. So I'm hoping it will be Barack.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Oh god, well I know how this board is going. :p

Edited By Akash on 1203884343
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

Who do you think would be the best choice to become the president? :cool:

Return to “Current Events”