Cinema Audio Society

1998 through 2007
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I think Bourne is viewed by Hollywood as in the Speed class -- popcorn at high peak -- and Speed was not only nominated for both sound awards, it won both. I certainly think the cognoscenti would far prefer seeing prizes going to Bourne than to Michael Bay. Bourne could get an editing nomination, as well.

This is one precursor I REALLY don't follow, so, is the Academy love for musicals generally reflected here, or is that strictly an AMPAS thing? You'd think either Hairspray or Sweeney might make it onto the Oscar list.

But I second (or third, I guess) the appreciation for No Country...and Into the Wild, too. These are not this type of films usually cited by this most troglodyte branch.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Here they are...

The Bourne Ultimatum
Into the Wild
No Country for Old Men
Transformers

Sonic posited a month ago that the year's biggest injustice will be the lack of a sound nomination for 'No Country for Old Men'. I completely agree. It is a note-perfect work of audio suspense that does not for a second require a musical score.

Surprised that the quality busts that were 'Spider-Man' and 'Pirates' have affected their Tekkie prospects. I think 'Bourne', '300', and 'Transformers' are locked in, I have to believe that 'No Country' can make a showing, and for the last spot?...Walter Murch's only film this year was 'Youth Without Youth', so that's not happening...I don't know, I'm just gonna say 'American Gangster'.
"How's the despair?"

Return to “The 8th Decade”