Merry Christmas... - ...or Whatever You Celebrate

jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

A bit late, but a very merry Christmas to you all...
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Sonic Youth wrote:Kaytodd, I had no idea you were an emo power popper. Kewl! All the best to your family,.

Let's keep the party going.
Good idea Sonic.
And now for something completely different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....index=4
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

No injuries. It's a big coffee table with lots of old lady decorations that softened the blow. It actually fell a lot slower than I would've thought, probably because it didn't come loose from that big cord. (I don't know the technical name.)

It was the last Christmas we'll get to have at her house as a family (even if she's alive next year--and she could be easily, because her physical health isn't bad--I don't think there's any way she'll be able to have the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids over for Christmas) so I'm glad something memorable happened.

Edited By dws1982 on 1293334019
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I'm happy you had your first White Chritsmas, the first I hear in most of the South since the 1940s, but hope no one was hurt from the falling fan.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I had a great Christmas, from the minute I woke up this morning with (for the first time in my life) snow covering the ground to the minute the ceiling fan dropped onto the coffee table at my grandmother's house.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Kaytodd, I had no idea you were an emo power popper. Kewl! All the best to your family,.

Let's keep the party going. Patti Page
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Merry Christmas to the UAADB family! And thanks for 11 years of making this the site I go to whenever I log on.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones!

Sonic inspired me. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuKnB1IH0VI

Edited By kaytodd on 1293221514
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Merry Christmas! And, to my fellow members of the Tribe, enjoy your egg foo young!

Have a Tarantino Christmas.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Happy Holidays everbody!
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Mister Tee wrote:I'm heading to Connecticut tomorrow afternoon, and see VERY little free time between now and then, so...
Tee, I'll be in New Milford for about 45 minutes on Friday. Driving to pick my Mom up and bring her down to the City, with a stopover just for a quick bite to eat.

Sometime we'll have to get together in my hometown (of course, we still have to get together again in NYC).

(By way of explanation to everyone else, Tee's parents moved to the town in Connecticut where I grew up, and where my Mom still lives. Connecticut -- 5 Congresspersons, 5 Democrats!)
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

It's early but I will post my Christmas greetings to the board here now.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

A Happy Christmas to everyone here too (or whatever holiday you are celebrating this season). I am off for a long Christmas holiday that should be a mixed bag of emotions...we get to celebrate the first Christmas of my darling 8-month old daughter, which is going to be one of the highlights of my first year of fatherhood. However, my mother-in-law is very sick with cancer, and this looks likely to be her last Christmas with all of us (and she is someone who has over 50 boxes of Christmas decorations, so you can imagine the importance of the holiday at my wife's home). It will be a difficult Christmas for all of us, but as I keep trying to stress, lets enjoy the moments we do have to celebrate together.

And a happy Christmas to this board, my internet family. I look forward to another season of bickering and cheering together.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all on the Board. May the upcoming new year bring much joy to all.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here.

Return to “General Off-Topic”