2010 Baseball Season

Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Can't wait to see some regular season home games this year. Can't wait to actually experience a rain delay!

P.S. Happy birthday, Damien!

Edited By Eric on 1268935699
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

That would be Hensley "Bam Bam" Meulens -- his Minor League nickname, which never made sense to those of us fans who not once saw him bam anything.

He was one in the long line of disappointing prospects who helped make the 80s the Yankees' worst period since the Nixon era. As I've noted here before, Yankee failure and GOP presidents seem to go together.

Some of the best hitting coaches have been those who sputtered in their own hitting careers; Charley Lau a prime example. Maybe it's a "those who can, do" situation.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I enjoy baseball, but not THAT much. With the exception of an occassional game or two at whichever park I happen to be living near at a particular stage in my life, I'm strictly a post-season viewer. I'll see you then.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Go Yankees</span>
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Tee, Sonic: A Giants/Yankees connection. My Giants' hitting coach this season is Hensley Meulens.

A .220 lifetime hitter as hitting coach.

OK One assumes when there's a team with God on its side -- i.e. the Giants -- that the powers that be know what they're doing.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “General Off-Topic”