R.I.P. Cam Dagg

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Dear Friends and Family,
I am sad to have to tell you that Cam died yesterday morning at about 9:30 AM. I was as surprised as everyone that it was so quick. A volunteer was taking his breakfast tray in and said that he was there one minute and not the next - so he was not alone when he died and for that I'm grateful. On New Year's Eve, as I was sitting beside his bed at Crossroads, he said to me "I wish I could entertain you with some engaging repartee." I laughed and said "I think I've had about enough of your engaging repartee in the past 47 years to last me a lifetime..." He smiled. His sense of humour was with him all the way and I know it made things easier for him and certainly for me.

I will send his obituary to you later today or tomorrow. He wrote it some time ago and for those who do not get our local papers it might give you more of a sense of the incredible man I married 47 years ago after meeting him 8 years earlier when I was 16, he was 17.

For Kieran, Jen, Chris, Sakiko, Peyton, Cooper and me - I thank you all for your continuing love, caring and warm support.

Much love,
Danae

Return to “General Off-Topic”