Happy Birthday Original BJ

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

The Original BJ wrote:Thank you all for the wishes. They are hugely appreciated.

I feel a bit like dws did on his birthday; it's been a bit of a difficult time for me, and it was practically a non-event yesterday.

I am finally employed again after four months of being out of work, and I will soon be able to rent a room again after three months of sleeping on friends' couches. I might be a bit more enthusiastic if I weren't hugely overqualified for my new job, which I find so debilitating and unchallenging.

So I'm trying to be thankful for being employed, and focus on the more positive aspects of my life -- like everyone here!!! -- and pray that year 23 is a lot more enjoyable than year 22 was.
Good luck on your new job BJ!
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

I am late, but nevertheless, wish you the happiest bday
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I'm glad to hear you're employed once again, BJ. It is a big thing. Don't worry about being overqualified. Cream always rises to the top.

I've lived through many recessions but I've never seen one like this one. I have so many friends who are either out of work or who have had to take jobs at salaries less than they were accustomed to. My sister and brother-in-law had to move to Texas to find jobs after my brother-in-law was laid off twice within one year and my sister's company was taken over by a conglomerate she hated working for. Fortunately she was recruited by old friends at a start-up company outside of Dallas and my brother-in-law was offered two jobs in two interviews within two weeks of their arrival.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Thank you all for the wishes. They are hugely appreciated.

I feel a bit like dws did on his birthday; it's been a bit of a difficult time for me, and it was practically a non-event yesterday.

I am finally employed again after four months of being out of work, and I will soon be able to rent a room again after three months of sleeping on friends' couches. I might be a bit more enthusiastic if I weren't hugely overqualified for my new job, which I find so debilitating and unchallenging.

So I'm trying to be thankful for being employed, and focus on the more positive aspects of my life -- like everyone here!!! -- and pray that year 23 is a lot more enjoyable than year 22 was.
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Happy birthday!
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hope you're having a wonderful birthday!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Have a wonderful day!
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Happy Birthday
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happiness!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Happy birthing day!
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Have a terrific day and an even better year!
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Hope you have a great day!
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Happy birthday!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Happy birthday!
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Happy birthday!

Return to “General Off-Topic”