Banners

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I just found out HOW to add the banner ads to the forum, but yes, they will be making the transition. I also hope to make the forums blend better with the new layout and design of my site, which should make it less of an eyesore, but they are a small way for me to bring in a tiny amount of revenue off the site. So, while I know everyone dislikes them, I am very conscious of the bad ones and therefore will try to avoid anything that uses pop-up ads or image-over ads that prevent you from seeing stuff without "closing" them.

That being said, I anticipate bringing the board down in the morning and it will likely be down until Sunday at the very earliest.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

This is a banner website, alright. I just noticed the ads. They bring back memories of the pop-ups we had to endure in the distant past, althought these aren't as bad. I'm sure they're a necessity. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here, given how many years we've done without them.

I assume they're going to be making the leap to the next site, along with the rest of the forum?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “General Off-Topic”