Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Best wishes and enjoy your stay!
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I want to wish you good luck, too!
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Thanks, guys!! :D
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Good luck, Penelope. Try and stop by to see us when you can.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Good luck and take care, Penelope.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Penelope, you'll of course be missed anytime you're gone. Please get back to us as soon as you can.

Needless to say, all the best with your adventure.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sounds great. Enjoy your time away.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Best of luck.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Awesome stuff, Penelope. Good luck.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hi folks, I wanted to give you a head's up that I'm going out of the country for at least the next month, if not longer.

I'm spending the month of August in Prague at a TEFL training center, where I'll be certified to teach English, supposedly, anywhere in the world, and the center says they will help me find a position, too.

To be honest, my heart is set on getting a position in Istanbul, a city I've dreamed of since I was a boy, staying up late to see Murder on the Orient Express, and that dream has only been enhanced in recent years, thanks to my history studies, which incorporated a considerable amount of Greco/Roman/Byzantine/Ottoman/Turkish history.

Of course, I may end up elsewhere (second choice would be France, and third choice would be Japan), and it will obviously be awhile before I'll be settled enough to participate on the board on a regular basis, but I'll visit when I can. In the meantime, if you want you can visit my myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/14157623

Anyway, I drive up to Delaware on Saturday and fly out Wednesday. Exciting stuff!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “General Off-Topic”