Re: Super Bowl LVIII

Post by mlrg »

Most watched TV broadcast since the moon landing in 1969

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/super- ... 07666/amp/
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

Yeah, I was definitely rooting for the 49ers.
Funny how you never find a game, or at least a close game, boring when your team is in it. There were plenty of chances for the 49ers to take this game, but they could never capitalize in a big way. That missed extra point turned the game on its head. Brock Purdy, for such a young player, was cool as a cucumber and was pretty effective. He just doesn’t have the fire in the belly that Mahomes has. I think Patrick Mahomes is a player for the ages.

If the Republicans are pissed off I will take that as a consolation prize.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Mister Tee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:30 pm Well, all those 13-year old girls who only started learning football this season certainly got the best introduction to the game they could have imagined.
Don't be so sure. My kid thought the first half was quite boring (which it was, and remained so for some time beyond that) and bailed in the middle of the half-time show, which also didn't keep her interest. It eventually became tense and competitive, but not in a fun way. It's not a SB I'd want to watch again.

As for the halftime show, it really needs a reboot. The music was fine but all the dancing and pyrotechnics has now lost all the elements of surprise. Maybe it was me. I did like the Ghana commercial.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Super Bowl LVIII

Post by Mister Tee »

Well, all those 13-year old girls who only started learning football this season certainly got the best introduction to the game they could have imagined. Don't get spoiled: your team won't win every season.

And, of course, MAGA heads exploded all over the country, making it just as pleasurable for many of the rest of us. (Though I'm guessing danfrank won't be among them, given his local leanings.)

Oh, yes: pretty exciting game. KC seemed to be having everything going wrong for it in the first half, but somehow kept it close all the way. And Mahomes demonstrated once again he's in the elite class of quarterbacks.

Pitchers and catchers just ahead!

Return to “General Off-Topic”