R.I.P. Charles Kimbrough

For discussions of subjects relating to literature and theater.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Charles Kimbrough

Post by Big Magilla »

He was, of course, married to his Company co-star Beth Howland (best known for TV's Alice) from 2002 to her death on December 31, 2015.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Anyone connected to that original production of Company is of course quite special to me. (I can't do the math, but I'll bet I can top danfrank's "many dozens" when it comes to listening to that album -- I wore down the grooves on it.)

Because I'm not much of a TV watcher, it was a while before I realized that uptight guy I occasionally saw on Murphy Brown was indeed Kimbrough. He was something of a typical TV buffoon (see: Ted Baxter), but he brought a sweetness to the role that made him less than unbearable.

But, yes, as dan says, Sorry/Grateful will always be what springs to mind when I think of him.
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

I never watched Murphy Brown, but I’ve listened to the cast recording of Company many dozens of times. Kimbrough’s singing on Sorry-Grateful was heartfelt and lovely. Pretty special to have been in that original cast, which was just magical.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Charles Kimbrough

Post by Big Magilla »

Best known for TV's Murphy Brown and Broadway's Company and Sunday in the Park with George, he died on January 11 - news only being reported now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/charl ... cd704d0567

Return to “The Cam Dagg Memorial Theatre and Literature Forum”