Alejandro G. Innaritu Could Be Sued for Breaching Covid Protocols on Latest Film

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Alejandro G. Innaritu Could Be Sued for Breaching Covid Protocols on Latest Film

Post by Sabin »

Awful.

Interesting that the chief motivating hype-factor behind The Revenant (how difficult a shoot it was) has turned around and bitten him in the ass. Shame. I'd be interested in seeing an Alejandro G. Inarritu coming of age film in Mexico.
"How's the despair?"
dws1982
Emeritus

Alejandro G. Innaritu Could Be Sued for Breaching Covid Protocols on Latest Film

Post by dws1982 »

Innaritu's follow-up to The Revenant just finished filming, but it seems that he was a complete dick on the set of his latest film, created a horrible working environment, and breached COVID protocols during filming.

Article from World of Reel:
I didn’t want to tackle this in the last Alejandro G. Iñárritu article I posted. I figured a whole separate piece should be written about what I’ve been hearing out of Mexico, in terms of the director’s on-set behavior during the shoot of his upcoming film “Bardo (or False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths).”

There has been a hefty batch of poisonous rumors indicating that Iñárritu completely ignored COVID protocols during the production of ‘Bardo’ and that a lawsuit, by some members of the production crew, is imminent.

Supposedly, the lawsuit argues that Iñárritu broke COVID protocols which resulted in terrible working conditions and even COVID-related deaths of some crew members. There have been posts written by relatives of the cast/crew on Instagram and Facebook criticizing the director’s on-set behavior (only to be scrubbed away by lord knows who).

It’s a story that has been heavily talked about in Mexico’s film community. The crew on the film painstakingly worked overtime hours, in crowded places and the nastiest bit of it all has many of them being forced to show up on-set with symptoms.

Stay tuned for this story to explode …

Return to “Coming Soon”