BAFTA stuff.

For the films of 2020
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: BAFTA stuff.

Post by Big Magilla »

What is there about knock it off that you guys don't understand? This is worse than babysitting a bunch of unruly kids.

This thread is now locked.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:Does anyone on this Board have an issue with a member singling out another member and threatening them with physical harm?
Physical harm? Where did I mention that? You've been seeing too many B-movies. You were always an hysteric. Like I said get a life.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Sabin wrote:
Reza wrote
And yes, Josh I won't be bringing up the diversity issue again. I apologise for that.
That's not the point. The point is you do it more than you think, you bring it up all the time, you've done it for years. "Oh, I only find the HFP and Bafta's attempts at diversity hilarious." Do you take me for an idiot?
No I don't but if you insist I can easily take you for an idiot. It's very easy to when you bring it up so blatantly.

And so what if I find this forced diversity issue funny? Not my fault if you guys choose to ignore the obvious.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Reza wrote
And yes, Josh I won't be bringing up the diversity issue again. I apologise for that.
That's not the point. The point is you do it more than you think, you bring it up all the time, you've done it for years. "Oh, I only find the HFP and Bafta's attempts at diversity hilarious." Do you take me for an idiot?
"How's the despair?"
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Does anyone on this Board have an issue with a member singling out another member and threatening them with physical harm?

I’m out. This is the same kind of bullshit I endured from Marco (veiled threats from abroad).
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:
Reza wrote:
And as for my so called "threat"..... next time you display your gutter background by abusing me here (like you did followed by deleting your post like the coward you are) you will actually know what a threat is all about.
My gutter background? Oh lord, you really know nothing about me.

And what exactly are you threatening to do to me? Marco used to make these same kind of threats from abroad.

This kind of talk should worry everyone on this Board, by the way.
Nobody needs to get worried. Dude only you should :P

And yes, we all know your "royal" American background. Lord knows you've mentioned it enough times. Pity you've let him down with your gutter mouth :lol:
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Reza wrote:
And as for my so called "threat"..... next time you display your gutter background by abusing me here (like you did followed by deleting your post like the coward you are) you will actually know what a threat is all about.
My gutter background? Oh lord, you really know nothing about me.

And what exactly are you threatening to do to me? Marco used to make these same kind of threats from abroad.

This kind of talk should worry everyone on this Board, by the way.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote:I plan on watching Clemency sometime today.
Ditto. Finally found this movie after looking ever since it came out.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:Oh, and Reza, you were asking for examples of your homophobia the other day. You just exhibited two in your most recent response to OscarGuy - calling him “Mommy Dearest” (the film is titled Mommie Dearest by the way so you failed on that) and saying that he shouldn’t get his “knickers in a twist.” We have both been gay all of our lives and recognize immediately the small, subtle (and not-so-subtle) ways that straight people mock us. You’re not particularly smooth.
What, you've again emerged like the proverbial cockroach? Sorry to disappoint you but the ONLY reason I called OscarGuy Mommy Dearest (I know the fucking spelling of Faye's movie title) was because I was getting sick of his lectures. Was beginning to constantly sound like a Mommy placating a child. You REALLY have a fucking chip on your shoulder. It's not always about you. Get a life!!

Last edited by Reza on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

You all need to chill.

Every thread doesn't have to be turned into a food fight.

Reza, stay away from the topic and Sabin, stop baiting him.

Rolo, thanks for trying to get this thread back on topic. I plan on watching Clemency sometime today.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Why do you guys even respond to him? Reza is just ITALAIANO 2.0. Just ignore him. He’s a shit-stirring troll who no one likes.

Oh, and Reza, you were asking for examples of your homophobia the other day. You just exhibited two in your most recent response to OscarGuy - calling him “Mommy Dearest” (the film is titled Mommie Dearest by the way so you failed on that) and saying that he shouldn’t get his “knickers in a twist.” We have both been gay all of our lives and recognize immediately the small, subtle (and not-so-subtle) ways that straight people mock us. You’re not particularly smooth.

Also, you said last week that a massive chip on my shoulder (I don’t have one) would “be the end of me.” Do not threaten me again on this Board.

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Reza wrote
Nope not by the Academy. They took time to sort themselves out which was natural, smooth and very often correct.
So, if I look back through the posts, I'm not going to find any posts where you mock OscarSoWhite or attempts at diversity through those years? Reza, I'm reasonably sure that I haven't started seeing these posts in the last four months.
"How's the despair?"
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Sabin wrote:
Reza wrote
I just find it hilarious and hypocritical the way these organizations are attempting to include it.
Why do you find it hilarious and why do you find it hypocritical? I’m guessing you’re not just talking about the BAFTA. Did you think the changes done after #OscarSoWhite were hilarious and hypocritical as well?
Nope not by the Academy. They took time to sort themselves out which was natural, smooth and very often correct.

But the Golden Globes and Baftas recently had total knee-jerk reactions under pressure just to prove they believed in diversity.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Reza wrote
I just find it hilarious and hypocritical the way these organizations are attempting to include it.
Why do you find it hilarious and why do you find it hypocritical? I’m guessing you’re not just talking about the BAFTA. Did you think the changes done after #OscarSoWhite were hilarious and hypocritical as well?
"How's the despair?"
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Okri wrote:Alfre Woodard was better than every best actress nominee at AMPAS last year and I'm glad she got this recognition. I will actively seek out these films and/or carve out time to watch them in a way that I just wouldn't at the umpteenth mention of the same list we've already seen
Totally agree about Alfre! She gave the best performance of her career, which is really saying something because she has always been an excellent actor. CLEMENCY is on Hulu if you want to see a wonderful movie.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow

Return to “93rd Academy Awards”