R.I.P. Charles Webb

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Charles Webb

Post by Big Magilla »

Sabin wrote:"As of 2006, Webb had been with his long-term partner Eve Rudd (2019) for more than 40 years. Eve shaved her head and calls herself "Fred" in solidarity with a Californian support group called Fred, for men who have low self-esteem.[2] Fred is an artist and her work includes illustrations for Webb's 2002 novel New Cardiff. The couple had two sons, one of whom is now a performance artist who once cooked and ate a copy of The Graduate with cranberry sauce.[2]"
Cranberry sauce makes all the difference. I had some for dinner, albeit with sliced turkey, potatoes and Brussel sprouts, not a book! :P
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Charles Webb

Post by Sabin »

Uh, this guy was interesting. According to wikipedia...

"The Webbs removed their children from school so that they could tutor them at home. This was illegal in California at the time, and to evade the authorities they fled the state; at one point they managed a nudist camp in New Jersey. They also divorced – accounts vary as to why (it was not due to personal differences), either in protest against the institution of marriage,[3] or against the Unied States's lack of marriage rights for gays.[2] They sold their wedding presents back to their guests, and having given away four houses in succession lived on the breadline, taking menial jobs as cleaners, cooks and fruit-pickers, working at K-Mart and living in a shack.[2] They lived in Eastbourne, East Sussex, England.[4]"

"As of 2006, Webb had been with his long-term partner Eve Rudd (2019) for more than 40 years. Eve shaved her head and calls herself "Fred" in solidarity with a Californian support group called Fred, for men who have low self-esteem.[2] Fred is an artist and her work includes illustrations for Webb's 2002 novel New Cardiff. The couple had two sons, one of whom is now a performance artist who once cooked and ate a copy of The Graduate with cranberry sauce.[2]"
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Charles Webb

Post by Big Magilla »

The author of The Graduate has died at 81.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/book ... e=Homepage

Return to “The People”