Am I crazy for wanting to give Daniel Day Lewis's

Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Yes, you're crazy :D

I thought Jones was mediocre in an actively shitty movie.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

DDL and TLJ were my two favorites that year with a slight edge to DDL in the stronger film.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I would've easily voted for Tommy Lee Jones that year. I think he was the only one who even deserved a nomination out of that lineup.
Movielover
Graduate

Post by Movielover »

Oscar to Tommy Lee Jones?

I know that DDL was hands down a huge favorite blah blah blah everyone was amazed by him and, I admit, he gave a WONDERFUL performance. I really was totally taken in by the whole thing and he was a viciously compelling character.

BUT I recently saw In the Valley of Elah and I really preferred this performance. And I remember that TLJ was the fifth one to get in there - the bottom slot.

But he really does heartbreaking work - I mean I was just drawn to him. And I am not saying this because I am a huge TLJ fan - I actually wouldn't have voted for him for The Fugitive. But his performance in this movie was just real and full and sincere and thoughtful.

I'm sure no one agrees with me. But I'm also someone who would have given an Oscar to Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl over Sean Penn in Mystic River. Tim Robbins, however, I agree was most deserving.

I'm ready for the darts to fly.

Edited By Movielover on 1264894955

Return to “2000 - 2007”