Last Seen Movie - The Latest Movie You Have Seen; ratings

Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Damien wrote:Am I the only one to think that Dark Knight was neither great nor terrible, simply just fairly mediocre?
I'm about here, though I'd go slightly above "mediocre," because it isn't the pitiable mess that Batman Begins was. Plus this one was far more about urban panic than anything else, which I can dig.
inky
Temp

Post by inky »

All About Women (Tsui Hark's new film) - 6/10
Quarantine - 3.5/10
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Journey to the Center of the Earth 5/10
My Mom's New Boyfriend 2/10 (i couldn't avoid it, it was in the airplane)
Waltz with Balshir 8/10
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Next year I want to put on a Sarah Palin costume with Joker makeup and go as 2008.
"How's the despair?"
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Damien wrote:Am I the only one to think that Dark Knight was neither great nor terrible, simply just fairly mediocre?

I think I'm just the only one who hasn't even watched it yet. Will get to it on Blu-Ray I guess.

I don't like superhero movies and I'm not much a fan of anyone involved in the production, and there's thousands of other movies I'd rather watch first. And I think my least favorite thing of the year was all of those nerds (and there were several, especially around Halloween) who dressed up like Heath Ledger's Joker put up pictures on their Facebooks and Myspaces.

Edited By dws1982 on 1228603097
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Am I the only one to think that Dark Knight was neither great nor terrible, simply just fairly mediocre?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote:
Reza wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:The Dark Knight, 8/10

Oh wow...what a high rating!

I absolutely loathed the film....it just went on and on and on. Scary that it appears to be a front runner at the Oscars.

Misery loves company. I have been suffering from a bad cold/flu/allergy, whatever, all week. Its mournful tone was perfect for my mood.
Oh shoot....I have been very sick myself these last 2 weeks. Maybe I should have reviewed the film. Who knows I might have placed it as a front runner on my list as well? It's still not too late as my throat is still out and I can feel the flu coming on.
barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

Man On Wire

4/10

There is a difference between a documentary about an interesting subject, and a documentary that is made well. This was boring, and without any surprise.
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

--Reza wrote:
--Big Magilla wrote:The Dark Knight, 8/10

I absolutely loathed the film....it just went on and on and on. Scary that it appears to be a front runner at the Oscars.

Misery loves company. I have been suffering from a bad cold/flu/allergy, whatever, all week. Its mournful tone was perfect for my mood.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1276693395
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

--The Original BJ wrote:
--Sabin wrote:Dev Patel is fantastic with what he is given but his character is a total blank slate.

Interesting. I had the complete opposite reaction -- I thought the material was very interesting but think Dev Patel would be a strong candidate for Damien's Mechanical Performance Award.

Actually, I think the main reason the central romance doesn't absolutely soar is the flatness of the two lead actors.

I think he's quite charming, actually.

Sabin hit the nail on the head in terms of why I think Slumdog is merely a good film -- the childhood relationship between the boy and girl isn't strong enough to form a foundation for the obsessive nature it takes throughout the rest of the movie.

I wish Danny Boyle's wonderful Millions received half the attention that Slumdog has.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1276693375
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote:The Dark Knight, 8/10

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The Dark Knight, 8/10
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, 6/10
Fanfan la Tulipe, 9/10
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

The Duchess (Saul Dibb, 2008) 5/10
barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

Australia 3/10
Transsiberian 6/10
In Bruges 8/10 (Colin Farrell was fanfuckingtastic)
The Verdict 6.10 (meh)
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Flic Story (1975; Jacques Deray) 8/10

True story of a determined cop (Alain Delon) methodically hunting down a psychotic criminal (Jean-Louis Trintignant) in post-WWII France. Straightforward film builds to nerve-wracking climax, with terrific performances from the two leads; can I repeat how much I admire Trintignant? His portrayal of cooly detached evil is staggering.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “Other Film Discussions”