Oscar Question

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I would think that if this were true, it would have made bigger headlines and someone would have updated the imdb by now. Maybe he just likes to dress in drag. Anyway he sure makes an ugly looking woman, not that he was all that good looking to begin with.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Michael was far much more attractive than Elizabeth.
Mike Kelly
Temp

Post by Mike Kelly »

I won't let this go on, because it is obviously a trick question. However, I did say Who is and not who was:

The answer is Michael Cimino for The Deer Hunter, who is now Elizabeth Cimino.

http://blogs.citypages.com/amadzine/

Scroll down a bit. By the way, I have no idea if this story is true (or the preceding one about Larry/Lana Wachowski)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

OscarGuy wrote:None. The Directing Oscar has never been won by a woman. Now, a wife/girlfriend/friend might have picked it up for an absent winner, but none ever won.

Lina Wertmuller, Jane Campion and Sofia Coppola are the only ones ever nominated.
And that does not include short/documentary/foreign or animated categories as they may be awarded TO a director (or producer in some cases), but they aren't the award for Best Director.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

None. The Directing Oscar has never been won by a woman. Now, a wife/girlfriend/friend might have picked it up for an absent winner, but none ever won.

Lina Wertmuller, Jane Campion and Sofia Coppola are the only ones ever nominated.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mike Kelly
Temp

Post by Mike Kelly »

Who is the only woman to win an Academy Award for Best Director?

Return to “Other Film Discussions”