Sheryl Crow adopts baby, gives him normal name

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

How about "Jordin"?
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Okay, I'll grant you that Gennifer, Cassadee, Cortini, Typhynee are ridiculous ways to spell names. But Haylee...that's just spelling it the way it's pronounced. I much prefer it to the alternate spellings--Hailey, Haley, etc. I'd spell it that way if I were naming my kid that name.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Penelope wrote:Well, you know, Apple and Shiloh may seem odd, but at least they're spelled correctly. But I can't stand those "creative" spellings like Haylee, Gennifer, Cassadee, Cortini, Typhynee,etc.
Every time I see one of those "creative" names I think it's because either the parents or whoever recorded the name on the brith certificate couldn't spell.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Franz Ferdinand wrote:Wyatt is a normal name now?

It's in the top hundred of most popular baby names, so yeah.

And it was her father's name.

It's not like she pulled it out of a random homophone generator.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Well, you know, Apple and Shiloh may seem odd, but at least they're spelled correctly. But I can't stand those "creative" spellings like Haylee, Gennifer, Cassadee, Cortini, Typhynee,etc.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

Wyatt is a normal name now?
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sheryl Crow adopts baby boy

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow, who had breast cancer surgery early last year after a breakup with champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, said on Friday she had adopted a 2-week-old baby boy. *

The Grammy-winning recording star, known for such hits as "All I Wanna Do," "Soak Up the Sun," and "If It Makes You Happy," announced the adoption with a short message to fans posted on her official Web site.

"His name is Wyatt (after my dad) Steven (after my little brother and Scooter) * and we are enjoying some very private family time," she wrote. Scooter is the nickname of her longtime manager and friend, Steven Weintraub.

No other details about her newly adopted son were revealed, but Crow's publicist said the child was born in the United States. *

Crow, 45, postponed a North American concert tour in February of last year to undergo "minimally invasive" surgery for breast cancer. She announced during an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in October that she was cancer-free.

The singer's surgery came about a month after she and seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong, himself a cancer survivor, broke off their engagement, ending a high-profile two-year relationship.

---------------------------------------

* My god!!! She adopted a new-born, gave him a normal name, and didn't pluck him away from the other side of the planet. Is it a sign of the apocalypse??? Or is she just trying really hard to be hep and cool and anti-trendy and all? The snob!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Broadcast Media”