New Developments III

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

criddic3 wrote:The truth is that our enemy and theirs will likely just wait out a deadline and then hit hard once we leave,
Want to specify exactly who our enemy is? I know it will be hard for you to do it because you're busy having erotic daydreams about Worst President Ever . . .
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I'll begin by responding the Sonic's last post about Iraq Parliament's possible agreement with Democrats. I still think such an idea is terrible. Also, we've been getting mixed signals from Iraqi law people for a long time. I think, if true, this could be a reaction to the controversy over a planned recess over there.

The truth is that our enemy and theirs will likely just wait out a deadline and then hit hard once we leave, taking over power and creating a new place for terrorists to launch attacks. If they think they can fight these people on their own, which I doubt, then they should show us. So far, despite some new progress (with our help), they don't seem to be ready for primetime against the terrorists that plague Iraq.

Otherwise, our Congress and their Parliament need to come to grips with the reality that such a plan is inviting more hardships -- NOT less.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I won't tell you to play nice this time, because I know you won't, but here's to another great year and a half of discussions. May we make 1000 before the year is out. :)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Current Events”