Online Film & Television Association Winners

1998 through 2007
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

John Wayne is outstanding. The man was in hundreds of movies, good, bad, and amazing. He's an icon. With legends, you have to take the good with the bad. I will never understand your issue with the man.

Fine winners, especially considering the love for 'Children of Men' (I think in terms of screenwriting, it's got nothing on 'The Departed', but I can't complain) and 'Pan's Labyrinth' which both got their due here. I also like that 'Marie Antoinette' got its very deserving Costume Design. But I have to believe we're capable of more. For instance: when will people come around on Jennifer Hudson and call her a lead? There's nothing supporting about the woman, nor Cate Blanchett in 'Notes on a Scandal'. I think it's great that we're capable of honoring films like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and 'Children of Men', but I think there needs to be more of an open forum for discussion before these things are done.
"How's the despair?"
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

OscarGuy wrote:Who actually likes John Wayne?
Those of us who've been fortunate enough to have seen things like They Were Expendable, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, etc, etc.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Who actually likes John Wayne? Mysogyny never had a better poster child. :)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I like the film winners, but love this years Hall of Fame inductees. About time How Green Was My Valley and Double Indemnity finally get in there, and who can complain about Bunuel and Cukor? Four great acting inductees (although I didn't vote for Burstyn). One of our better years, I think.

Now, when are we going to get John Wayne in there? :)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I would have voted for The Birth
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I nominated "The Stag" from The Queen for 'Most Cinematic Moment' but I'm pleased with AIATY winning.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I must've missed these earlier...how could Little Miss Sunshine have been nominated for "Most Cinematic" anything?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The 11th Annual OFTA Award winners have been announced. Visit the link below and follow the links to the results.

Precursors: OFTA
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”