Best Actress Comedy/Musical

1998 through 2007
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Oh, please. You've got to be kidding me. Apparently, the real reason Beyonce lost was not because La Streep gave a better performance but the hindrance of her particular shade of brown skin (notwithstanding the fact that she looked like a whore dipped in gold glitter). Give me a freakin' break -- this is the height of ridiculousness:

Beyonce's Daddy is Pissed Off

After his daughter, Beyonce, walked away from the Golden Globes without an award, Matthew Knowles expressed his disgust with a somewhat familiar sounding rant.

Knowles told reporters back stage at the Beverly Hills Hilton right after the Golden Globes show ended that his daughter was outcasted and overlooked by a bureaucratic good old boy system that is still alive in 2007 as it was in 1967. "Today is MLK's birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go," he said."

It would suck spending half your life shoving your favorite daughter down everyone's throat only to find out they don't like her as much as you do. Blaming white America for it is pretty much the only way to go in this situation. Well, it's either that or punching your daughter in the nose for not being good enough. Clearly, that's Papa Joe Simpson's modus operandi and look how well it's worked for him.

Note: Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Hudson, Prince and the Dreamgirls movie won Golden Globes this year.

Edited By flipp525 on 1169237652
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her.

That's all.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Meryl Streep is always fun, funny and flighty when she gives speeches. Can we just give her a third Oscar already, if only to make the Oscar sppeches more enjoyable?

Like maybe this year if the Academy would put her in supporting and let her win....oh never mind, I give up.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I liked what she said about small movies not getting play in theaters.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Meryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The 8th Decade”