Happy Thanksgiving!

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Happy Thanksgiving! I worked most of the day, but it was a rainy day anyway. So, it wasn't so bad. Hope you all enjoyed your day.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm spending the holidays in NYC with my sister and my parents and it's so cold and blustery out...yikes!

I'm so thankful for everything in my life.

You guys are great. I hope you enjoy this time with your families.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

....agh, my head..... my stomach.....

Tripp, that's a terrible story about your mother-in-law. I hope she recovers fully. You're the model son-in-law. Good for you.

Happy Thanksgiving one more time, everyone.

Excuse me. One last piece of apple pie beckons.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I am currently at my in-laws house, we got here last night to help get ready for 25 people for Thanksgiving, since my mother-in-law decided to break both of her wrists last week flying down the basement stairs. After cooking, carving and cleaning, I am grateful for the paper plates we bought for today to lessen the dishes I would be doing tonight:)

Tripp
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Happy Thanksgiving all of you, board members! In spite the fact that we don´t celebrate it in my country, I hope you enjoy the holiday.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Happy Thanksgiving to all! And may your turkeys always be bought by the pound, and not by the ticket.

And I'm very thankful for this board and our little community.

We're having Thanksgiving at home this year, so I'm also thankful for the dishwasher.

Be safe. See you all later!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Happy Thanksgiving, all.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It's corny as hell, but I'm very thankful for this intelligent, witty, fun, individualistic and non-hysterical community.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all. When we return, it'll be High Season -- critics' awards till we're sick of them. I look forward to the rooting sections and the violent disagreements.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Happy Thanksgiving folks. cherish the time with family and friends, but make sure you are all back here Friday for more movie talk!

Tripp
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Thank you very much, Penelope! You have a GREAT Thanksgiving too!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I wanted to post this a day in advance, in case people are too busy tomorrow:

I wish everyone on the board, wherever you are, whatever your nationality, a Happy Thanksgiving! May you have a day of peace, joy and love surrounded by family and friends!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “General Off-Topic”