Cecil B. De Mille Award

1998 through 2007
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Good point Wes. We had pointed that out last year when Anthony Hopkins was announced as last year Ceci B. de Mille´s recipient.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

What is it with Hollywood and the HFPA being unwilling to recognize women in film? Even the Academy has a history of awarding significantly more men than women with honorary awards.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Warren Beatty To Receive HFPA’s Cecil B. DeMille Award At 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards to be Telecast Live on NBC on Jan. 15.

The DeMille Award will be presented to Beatty at "The 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be held Monday, January 15, 2007 and telecast live on NBC (8-11 pm EST).

Beatty received five Golden Globes; including one as Best Actor (Comedy or Musical) for "Heaven Can Wait" and another as Best Director for "Reds." He also received Golden Globes as producer of Best Picture (drama) "Bugsy" and Best Picture (Comedy or Musical) for "Heaven Can Wait." He has received a total of 12 Golden Globe nominations; including Best Actor (Drama) for "Reds," "Bugsy," "Bonnie and Clyde" and "Splendor In the Grass." He received Best Actor (Comedy or Musical) nominations for "Bulworth" and "Shampoo." He also received Best Screenplay nominations for "Bulworth" and "Reds." The Hollywood Foreign Press Association named him "Most Promising Newcomer" in 1962.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I think since that movie DeNiro directed, The Good Shepherd (which feels a lot like a CIA-centered version of The FBI Story) is a possible nominee, they won't give him the DeMille award.

I think they have a policy about not giving it to people who are in contention for a competitive award, which would rule Meryl Streep out too.

They haven't had a woman since Streisand in 2000, so I think a woman would be a good bet. I'd guess that Lansbury, Fonda, or Diane Keaton would be the most likely three. If they go for a man again, I'd guess that Warren Beatty, Morgan Freeman, or Tom Hanks are the best bets.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

De Niro sounds right, as his felows hamolas, Hoffman and Pacino, have theirs.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I agree with Angela Lansbury. Debbie Reynolds seems not likely.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

There's also Angela Lansbury and Debbie Reynolds.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I would add Robert De Niro.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

sorry, I meant next wednesday.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Guys
Tomorrow at this time, the HFPA will be announcing the Cecil B de Mille Award recipient this year.
I would like to know your bets regarding that matter.
I believe Jane Fonda, Ellen Burstyn and Meryl Streep have chances.

Return to “The 8th Decade”