Henry Kissinger Dies

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Henry Kissinger Dies

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:19 am Reza, I don't think that was what Rupert Murdoch's paper was going for. Their focus was on the inconvenience to the people who lined up to see the tree lighting which was being televised live.
I can well imagine that. Most Americans couldn't care less about how their country negatively impacts other foreign countries through sheer ignorance or then they fall for the rubbish that Fox or CNN passes off as the gospel truth which they wholeheartedly believe.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The only positive thing I can think to say is that he enabled Paul Sorvino to deliver one of his best performances.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Reza, I don't think that was what Rupert Murdoch's paper was going for. Their focus was on the inconvenience to the people who lined up to see the tree lighting which was being televised live.

Beneath the headline was just this: Waving Palestinian flags and signs calling for the “end to genocide,” the ralliers gathered along Sixth Avenue alongside hordes of tourists waiting in line to see the iconic ceremony.

According to the New York Daily News, the ceremony went on as scheduled. Those nearest to it were unaware of the protests.

About Kissinger, all the Post had to say was "Henry Kissinger, once called 'Washington's greatest swinger,' dated several celebrities in his younger days, including a Bond girl."
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:33 pm Interestingly, his death did not make the headline in the New York Post which focused instead on the "Pro-Palestinian protestors, one carrying swastika, swarm Midtown in bid to derail Rockefeller Christmas Tree lighting."
Glad that the New York Post had the sense to know that both Kissinger's death and the Christmas Tree Lighting were NOT important news items. Their focus was in the right direction - highlighting the United States' despicable hand in the genocide of the Palestinians.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Interestingly, his death did not make the headline in the New York Post which focused instead on the "Pro-Palestinian protestors, one carrying swastika, swarm Midtown in bid to derail Rockefeller Christmas Tree lighting."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Okay everyone. From here on out, it’s “Now do Cheney.”

Going into Maestro. The bar it must clear is now “is it better than the death of Henry Kissinger?”
Last edited by Sabin on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

He died doing what he loved best... watching from the safety of his armchair entire nations hurl flammable explosives at each other.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

One of the all-time pieces of shit. Behind the Bastards did a very good series on him a couple of years ago.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Henry Kissinger Dies

Post by Mister Tee »

Sometimes the good die young...and sometimes Henry Kissinger lives to be 100. But that's the end of it.

Uncharitable response, I know, but the way he caused unnecessary numbers of guys my age to die in Vietnam when he knew it was a lost cause will never not bother me.

Return to “Current Events”