Trump's Indictments & Convictions

Greg
Tenured

Re: Trump's Indictments & Convictions

Post by Greg »

"Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers while building real estate empire:"

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... ba5da74249
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Agree, Maher, as deplorable as he may be on the left, is no Tucker Carlson.

That video, which is over a year old, is pretty scary but we've already seen signs that maybe the world as we know it won't come to an end with the 2024 election.

After the Supreme court overturned Roe, the red wave of 2022 didn't happen. Biden's call for protests of his New York indictment fell on deaf ears. It should be plain for everyone to see what the Republican party has become but there are still many voters with their heads in the sand. Beyond the bigots, there are those who can't see past the ends of their noses. For them it's either things are good, or things are bad. If they're bad, they might be motivated to vote against the party in office. If they're good, they might vote for the party in power if they remember to vote. Just as likely, though, they won't vote at all.

So, yes, this latest poll is flawed, even laughable. They all are. But it's a warning.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

OscarGuy wrote
And Bill Maher ceded his credibility years ago. He's no better than Tucker Carlson, just without the racism/anti-Semitism. I'm not so sure they differ much in terms of their homophobia or sexism though.
I prefaced my statement by saying I don't like Bill Maher. I'll stand by that. But saying he's no better than Tucker Carlson is a real stretch. Tucker Carlson is the most loathsome and dangerous broadcaster of my life. More than Bill O'Reilly or Alex Jones. He's so visibly full of shit but happy to peddle bile.

For reference, Bill Maher's prediction: https://www.thewrap.com/trump-reelectio ... slow-coup/
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Trump is barely younger than Biden. And Bill Maher ceded his credibility years ago. He's no better than Tucker Carlson, just without the racism/anti-Semitism. I'm not so sure they differ much in terms of their homophobia or sexism though.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't participate in these polls, but if I did, I too would say that Biden is too old, but I would still vote for him over Trump or any other Republican alive.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Trump Indicted

Post by Sabin »

It's far too early to make any predictions but I'm not terribly optimistic about Joe Biden's chances for reelection. I don't like Bill Maher but for the last few couple of years he's been laying out a scenario for Trump's return to power that seems pretty plausible.

So, Biden is Harrison and Trump is Cleveland?
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't think the poll means anything this far out but it's disheartening that the majority of respondents are leaning in such an asinine direction despite everything that's gone down in the last 8 years.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Look at the cross-tabs, Magilla. That poll needs to be taken with a barrel of salt.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

You guys could have started a TRUMP CONVICTED thread for this one, not that it will change anything.

The ABC poll released two days ago has Trump 7 points ahead of Biden in the popular vote for 2024.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Thank god for fungible campaign contributions. How can an honest rapist ever make it in this country otherwise?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

The jury just ordered Donald Trump to pay E. Jean Carroll $5 million in her rape/defamation civil case.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

34 felony counts with strong documented proof should be a slam dunk but will likely be subject to the usual Trump delays. His next court appearance isn't until December 4, with the earliest it can to trial being next January. He can still win his party's primaries, and long shot though it may be, his second presidency.

Even if he goes to jail, they will come up with some excuse to let him out for his inauguration and his attorney general will declare him untouchable as long as he's in office.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Trump's Indictments & Convictions

Post by Big Magilla »

This is the first day of the rest of his life:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/03/30 ... tment-news

Return to “Current Events”