Best Actress 2022

For the films of 2022

Who should won the 2022 award for Best Actress and which performance will hold up best in 50 years?

Ana de Armis - Blonde
No votes
Cate Blanchett - Tár
35%
Andrea Roseborough - To Leslie
No votes
Michelle Williams - The Fabelmans
No votes
Michelle Yeoh - Everything Everywhere All at Once
15%
Ana de Armis - Blonde
No votes
Cate Blanchett - Tár
31%
Andrea Roseborough - To Leslie
No votes
Michelle Williams - The Fabelmans
No votes
Michelle Yeoh - Everything Everywhere All at Once
19%

Total votes: 26

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Best Actress 2022

Post by Big Magilla »

Blanchett gave the best performance on the year IMO and her performance will endure well beyond the next 50 years.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Best Actress 2022

Post by Sabin »

Not sure how Everything Everywhere All At Once will be regarded in the long-run but its seven wins bode generally well. Movies with strong pulls like that tend to at least pull the middle of the pack. And Yeoh's win is a historic one so I think it'll be warmly regarded. With Blanchett, the sense I get is that people have been waiting for a legendary career from her from day one but her output hasn't quite backed up the reverence. In the early days of this board, I along with many others projected her to win for countless projects sight-unseen that slipped into instant irrelevance: Heaven, Charlotte Gray, The Missing, The Shipping News, Veronica Guerin... just everything. My sense is Tár is the performance that people have been waiting for from her.

But we're talking about in fifty years. Will Cate Blanchett be regarded as a figure people return to again and again like Katherine Hepburn or like a slightly distant icon who needs a bit of explanation. I actually think there's a chance it will be the latter. Yeoh will have the benefit of starring in a Best Picture winner. Yeoh is probably the safe bet but I'm going with Blanchett simply because I think it presents as the more actorly film.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Best Actress 2022

Post by Big Magilla »

This is the one that should have gone up instead of a repeat of Best Director.

Again, please vote twice - first for who you think should have won the 2022 award, and then for which performance will hold up best in 50 years.

Return to “95th Academy Awards”