R.I.P. Angelo Badalamenti

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Greg
Tenured

Re: R.I.P. Angelo Badalamenti

Post by Greg »

Though a limited number of collaborations, Oliver Stone and John Williams.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Burton/Elfman, Wes Anderson/Desplat.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

dws1982 wrote:I know he worked with other directors but he really seemed to be on the same wavelength with Lynch, whether Lynch was in weird areas, or even when he was in a more normal vibe, like in The Straight Story, which is just a lovely piece of music. I wonder if the fact that he didn't do music for Inland Empire is one reason I didn't respond to that movie much at all.
Your post got me thinking about other director/composer pairs who seemed to be in synch, and where the music was significantly additive to success of the films. I think immediately of Spielberg/Williams, Hitchcock/Herrmann, Leone/Morricone, Lean/Jarre. I’d be curious to hear others’ favorites.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I know he worked with other directors but he really seemed to be on the same wavelength with Lynch, whether Lynch was in weird areas, or even when he was in a more normal vibe, like in The Straight Story, which is just a lovely piece of music. I wonder if the fact that he didn't do music for Inland Empire is one reason I didn't respond to that movie much at all.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I listened to the Twin Peaks soundtrack on repeat through the early 90s I was that enamored with it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Concur; his music truly reached me. My wife and I used to play the soundtrack from The City of Lost Children all the time. And Twin Peaks had as fine a score as any television show I can think of.
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

anonymous1980 wrote:Story.

Wrote some unforgettable music for David Lynch. His music for Twin Peaks alone is legendary. R.I.P.
Legendary and brilliantly affecting. R.I.P.
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Angelo Badalamenti

Post by anonymous1980 »

Story.

Wrote some unforgettable music for David Lynch. His music for Twin Peaks alone is legendary. R.I.P.

Return to “The People”