R.I.P. L. Q. Jones

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. L. Q. Jones

Post by Big Magilla »

L.Q. Jones was quite a character - he took his stage name from the character he played in Battle Cry, which was his first film.

Always entertaining, his last film was The Prairie Home Companion in 2006.

I'm pretty sure I didn't see A Boy and His Dog in a theatre in 1975, but I have seen it on home video at some point. A pretty weird apocalyptic film as I recall, but I do remember Don Johnson and Tim McIntire being pretty entertaining as the voice of the dog. IMDb. has a connection for various streaming devices if anyone is interested.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

R.I.P. L. Q. Jones

Post by Mister Tee »

My first reaction was, I thought he was dead already -- but I was of course thinking of Strother Martin, whom he so often appeared alongside. A familiar face if you're at all acquainted with the work of Sam Peckinpah. I may be one of the few can say I saw his directing effort, A Boy and His Dog -- a movie ahead of its time in a million ways: a post-apocalyptic sci-fi effort, that starred Don Johnson several years before Miami Vice made him hot.

https://variety.com/2022/film/obituarie ... 235312747/

Return to “The People”