TCM Remembers: 2020 In Memoriam

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: TCM Remembers: 2020 In Memoriam

Post by Big Magilla »

Mister Tee wrote:Our standard tie-breaker question -- who will be last in In Memoriam -- is the only element of this year's Oscars that will proceed as normal.

DeHavilland was an obvious choice for TCM, but I wonder if Connery would supersede her at the Oscars.
That would be a sacrilege. Connery was more important to the box office, but De Havilland was much more important to the Oscars, and to overall film history, than Connery.

I think either Connery or Bosemanwill be first (Douglas having died before the last Oscars) and de Havilland last unless we have a few more major deaths over the next four months that are bigger headline grabbers.

A more interesting question for me is who among those mentioned by TCM will be left off of Oscar's list.

This has been such a tumultuous year that I thought some of them had died before the year started. I completely forgot about Alan Parker having died even though we commented on his passing here.

The one I didn't realize had died was Tommy Rall. It seems he had a sad, but peaceful end, attended by a hospice nurse at 90, his dancing days behind him.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/tommy-rall ... 234593787/
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: TCM Remembers: 2020 In Memoriam

Post by Mister Tee »

Our standard tie-breaker question -- who will be last in In Memoriam -- is the only element of this year's Oscars that will proceed as normal.

DeHavilland was an obvious choice for TCM, but I wonder if Connery would supersede her at the Oscars.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

TCM Remembers: 2020 In Memoriam

Post by Big Magilla »

Return to “The People”