R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Post by Mister Tee »

Being a non-Star Wars fan, my affection for Carrie Fisher stems not from childhood attachment; in fact, the first time I saw her was in Shampoo, when I was already 23 years old. But I loved the Fisher of later years: the witty writer, the keen observer. I even, honestly, found her more attractive in those later times, when the mileage began to show on her. I have the feeling if 'd ever met her in person I'd have been fully smitten.

Wishful Drinking is a wonderful piece of writing and performance. And a lasting monument to an indelible personality. Godspeed, lady.
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

2016 is making a final push huh :/ And she was only 60 years old.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

“You know what's funny about death? I mean other than absolutely nothing at all? You'd think we could remember finding out we weren't immortal. Sometimes I see children sobbing in airports and I think, 'Aww. They've just been told.'

... But enough about death, I just wanted to get that bummer story out of the way at the beginning of the book because all the rest of my stories are just fun and laughs and skipping!"

― Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Post by anonymous1980 »

Story.

I was hoping against hope she would recover but based on what I read, it certainly didn't look good so this shouldn't have been surprising.

Return to “The People”