Best Actor

For the films of 2015
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Re: Best Actor

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

I would subscribe to the notion of him being one of the few actors who can sell a movie even when he's working with auteurs on mature, non-franchise movies (case in point, The Revenant's box office, and only the most recent in a string of such examples), and hopefully he doesn't give up "the dream" of chasing gold - selling out and doing superhero movies, or taking bad roles. He has been diligent and selective in his roles, and we can only hope he doesn't become soft now.
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

He won't need another Oscar. Like it or not (and I'm not too excited about it), he's now officially one of the "greatest" film actors of his generation. I didn't see that coming twenty years ago.
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

OscarGuy wrote:Could he have run up there any faster. I guess this means we won't have to worry about him getting another Oscar for a couple of decades.
One pretty boy down- let's hope we don't ever see Depp Cruise or Pitt at the podium.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Could he have run up there any faster. I guess this means we won't have to worry about him getting another Oscar for a couple of decades.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Best Actor

Post by OscarGuy »

Leonardo DiCaprio - The Revenant
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “88th Nominations and Winners”