Marco can't get on board

If you need help finding something, navigating the forums or other topics, post them here.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Re: Marco can't get on board

Post by ITALIANO »

Well - basically: in theory Boyhood was more my kind of movie - a realistic look at daily American life. But it was just SO dull (it will be quickly forgotten even by those who thought it was a masterpiece - I'm sure), so I can't complain with the final outcome. At times Birdman is brilliant - brilliantly shot, brilliantly acted, with brilliant moments of dialogue - so it's a pity that, despite its ambitions, it's never exactly memorable, it doesn't stay with you. Maybe it's because it doesn't seem to know how to end - it ends several times actually, and never too convincingly - and that's a big problem, for any movie. But it's intelligent, and these days this isn't something we get too often, especially from American movies. So, when I realized that Grand Budapest Hotel couldn't win, I guess that Birdman was a respectable alternative choice.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

ITALIANO wrote:Thanks Oscar Guy!

Mirg, now it's too late - though I might say one thing or two about American Sniper... :wink:
I'm very interested to know what you have to say about Birdman
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Thanks Oscar Guy!

Mirg, now it's too late - though I might say one thing or two about American Sniper... :wink:
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I was trying to fix connection issues and ended up banning several IPs (including my own mind you), so I had backed out as many as I had thought I'd entered (I already had several banned prior to this). I guess I didn't back out enough of them. Most of them have now been removed, so there should be no connection problems for anyone now.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

ITALIANO wrote:Thank you - nice to wake up after the Oscars and see that this problem has been solved. There are so many things I would have written during these weeks though... :wink:
Looking forward to reading them even if it is after the oscars!!

Welcome Back!
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Thank you - nice to wake up after the Oscars and see that this problem has been solved. There are so many things I would have written during these weeks though... :wink:
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

For me it has been coming and going depending on where I log on.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

I had this EXACT same problem for about a week -- I couldn't access the board on any of my computers, but I could get on with my cell phone. (Which meant I could read but not post.)

I have no idea what changed, because then all of a sudden I stopped having the problem, and I haven't had it since then.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't think anyone would disagree.

If he was banned, it was an error. Wesley wasn't looking at owners of the i.p. addresses he banned, just the volume of access.
Uri
Adjunct

Post by Uri »

Thanks. I'm biased, but really - whatever personal animosities people may have, this board is not the same without him.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I had the same problem in the days before the switchover. Wesley banned my i.p. address in error because I accessed the site so much he thought I was a spammer. I suspect he did the same with Marco. He'll have to correct it. I'll send an e-mail to his private address.

Anybody aware of any other missing players who may be in the same boat?
Uri
Adjunct

Marco can't get on board

Post by Uri »

When trying to get here on his computer, he keeps getting a blank screen with a "forbidden, you have no permission to use this service" or something of that kind. He does manage to get access on his mobile phone. And he has this problem ever since the board changed its server. What can be Done?

Return to “Help Forum”