Best Actor

For the films of 2011
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Best Actor

Post by Precious Doll »

I've been watching Jean Durjardin in a number of very bad French films over the last half dozen years (Never...Say Never, OSS 117: Cairo Nest of Spies, 99 frances, Ca$h, Counter Investigation, Little White Lies and most recently one of Bertrand Blier's lesser efforts: The Clink of Ice) and I would never have imagined he would ever be nominated for an Oscar, much less win one. He never impressed me in any of his films though The Artist certainly gave him much more to work with then any of his previous work that I have seen. And whilst I didn't care for The Artist, which struck me as nothing more then a novelty film, I can certainly appreciate the affection that many people feel for the film.

He gave a charming speech and seems like a really nice guy and hopefully this will lead to better roles for him not only he his native France but abroad as well.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Would've gone with Pitt or Oldman but I was just glad that it wasn't George Clooney.
Jim20
Temp

Post by Jim20 »

I'm happy with this. At least it's not a Benigni-type clown stealing the award from more deserving contenders.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Best Actor

Post by OscarGuy »

Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “84th Nominations and Winners”