Annie

Greg
Tenured

Re: Annie

Post by Greg »

If the trailer is any indication, it appears the two best performances in Annie are given by the lobster tails in the Jamie Foxx/Q. Wallis lunch.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

This looks unspeakably bad.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

The trailer looks dreadful
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I actually like Cameron Diaz in The Counselor. Having seen the trailer to this, she is GODAWFUL. Oh, my. If they make her sing......
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Annie

Post by Big Magilla »

It's only March and the 2013 Oscars have just been handed out. It's too soon to speculate on this year's front-runners but one film I feel safe in predicting will not be anywhere near the Oscars - the Golden Globes, maybe, but not the Oscars - is the updated version of Annie. The trailer is out and it's pretty bad. Its lame George Clooney and Facebook jokes just don't go with Little Orphan Annie. Neither does Daddy Warbucks' reinvention as a mayoral candidate who exploits her for political purposes. Cameron Diaz as Miss Hannigan looks like she's playing the same character she did in The Counselor. Jamie Foxx is playing Jamie Foxx. Rose Byrne as his secretary looks good. Not sure about Quvenzhané Wallis. She's the main character, but the trailer shows very little of her. Could there be a reason?

Return to “2014”