Frozen

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Frozen

Post by Precious Doll »

I thought that Frozen had it's own thread but that's not the case.

Here is an article that frankly shows how screwed up some people are. As I don't recall falling asleep during the film (which I quite enjoyed) I can only concur that I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought I was (though I was paying enough to notice that to my surprise the Prince Hans had on a very noticeable crotch on display!).

From The Canberra Times by Aja Styles 14 March 2014

Disney slammed for 'homosexual' and 'bestiality' agenda in Frozen

A pair of right-wing Christian commentators have slammed the "evil" themes of Disney's hit movie, despite not having seen it.
Disney's animated blockbuster Frozen has come under fire from a pair of extreme Christian radio hosts in the US, who claim the children's movie is pushing a "homosexual agenda" and pro-bestiality message.

Taken from the Hans Christian Andersen fairytale, The Snow Queen, the movie is a sister story between Queen Elsa (voiced by Oscar-winning singer Idina Menzel) and younger sister Anna (Kristen Bell), who tries to rescue the kingdom and her sister from a terrible freeze that strangles their home.
Aside from winning the Oscar for best animated feature, the movie has been heralded for its progressive themes and strong female characters, especially Anna who "rescues herself" when cursed with a frozen heart.

But Catholic film blogger Steven Greydanus saw a deeper "gay" message, which was in part supported by fellow blogger Gina Luttrell who championed the film's progressive themes. By posting a blow-by-blow account of what Greydanus describes as "gay-culture themes" in Frozen, which centred around the character of Elsa, his ideas have since been seized by zealot radio jocks Kevin Swanston and Steve Vaughn, who condemned Disney as pushing a pro-homosexual message on children.

According to Greydanus, the fact that Elsa shows no romantic longings like her sister Anna, is born different, and told to "conceal it, don't feel it" which results in her rejecting being "the good girl you always have to be" during the Oscar-winning song Let It Go, could be signs of Disney's winks and nods to a pro-gay culture.

He extended the argument to include what he called a bestiality joke and possibly "the first same-sex couple in the studio's history".
It turns out, according to Greydanus' logic, that Anna's eventual love interest Kristoff has an "unnatural relationship with his reindeer Sven" in the song Fixer-Upper because of the lyrics: "His thing with the reindeer, that's a little outside of nature's laws!" And sauna-owner Oaken's family portrait showing four children and an unidentified larger male, implied the man was Oaken's husband.

Greydanus did at least propose that the messages were so subtle that they were nothing for parents to get upset over, but the Christian radio presenters, neither of whom have seen the film, only wanted to vent their disgust.

"Parents don't want to turn [their children] into Sodomites," Swanston said on air. "...I couldn't believe Disney was that progressive, but it turns out that Disney is leading the charge."

He said it was "pretty frightening", with his co-host Vaughn agreeing: "God takes a strong stance on this."

Aside from condemning Elsa for being a lesbian, the abominable "transvestite" snowman Marshmallow, who put on Elsa's tiara, and the other homosexual and bestiality comparisons, Swanston said the movie was "evil, just evil".

"I'm not a tinfoil-hat conspiratorialist but you wonder sometimes if maybe there's something very evil happening here," Swanson told his audience.

"If I was the devil, what would I do to really foul up an entire social system and do something really, really, really evil to five and six and seven-year-olds in Christian families around America?

"I would buy Disney. If I was the devil, I would buy Disney in 1984, that's what I would have done. ... I think it's time Christians just got out of there.

In a separate response to questions about the gay undertones, Frozen director Jennifer Lee only said: "We know what we made. But at the same time I feel like once we hand the film over, it belongs to the world, so I don't like to say anything, and let the fans talk. I think it's up to them."
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “2013”