The Fifth Estate

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: The Fifth Estate

Post by Precious Doll »

Poor Benedict Cumberbatch (one of the better young actors working today) looks more like Hugo Weaving as Nurse Noakes in Cloud Atlas (at least in one of the pictures on imdv) then Julian Assange. I'm curious to see if he can capture Assange's voice and manner.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

flipp525 wrote:Maybe Bill Condon himself will comment. What was his handle when he logged onto UAADB that one time?
kloppy
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Also, has anyone read Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt? So so good. But really sad (I was practically sobbing at the end of it). Highly recommend. AIDS, 1987, perspective of a 14-year old girl. In and around New York City. Pretty awesome for a debut novel. Anyway, I couldn't picture anyone else but Benedict Cumberbatch in the role of Toby. He would be spot-on perfect.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Maybe Bill Condon himself will comment. What was his handle when he logged onto UAADB that one time?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

The Fifth Estate

Post by Greg »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... T1wb8_tcYU

Wow.

Surprisingly, it appears no one portrays Bradley Manning.

It is directed by Bill Condon. So sad that Damien won't be here to comment.

Return to “2013”